What's new

Just received Alt Innsbruk

I have mixed feelings. My first impression was gee this smells awfully sweet. SWMBO said it smelled like candy. I don't get the virginia tobacco smell that others talk about. As an aftershave it felt good, the menthol a real treat.
As I say, not sure about the scent. Anyone else have this kind of experience with AI?

I used my son's today (gave it to him for Christmas) and it was my first time using it. I couldn't be more impressed. The smell is fine - I'm not a big scent guy - but the effect on the skin is like nothing else. I'll buy my own soon.

I used it a few times from the traveling box, it took a bit to warm up to it because I feel it smelt of Cherry Vicks, but it grew on me and the menthol is great post-shave.

I have mixed feelings. My first impression was gee this smells awfully sweet. SWMBO said it smelled like candy. I don't get the virginia tobacco smell that others talk about. As an aftershave it felt good, the menthol a real treat.
As I say, not sure about the scent. Anyone else have this kind of experience with AI?

I love it because of its uniqueness.

AI is my favorite AS. In fact I used it this morning and just love the smell and how it makes my skin feel. Two thumbs up!

AI smells more of tobacco flower, not cured leaf. Looking at the label, it also contains coumarin, which gives it that note of mown grass/hay.

I'm on the fence about the scent - it's growing on me, but it's not my usual fragrance profile. I prefer woody, resinous smells. However, it does feel good going on, and the fragrance is intriguing. I'd describe it more as vegetal/powdery rather than licorice or fruity/floral, which is how I've seen others describe it.

okay gents....a question

how similar is alt innsbruk to tabac cologne? both are based at least in part on the tobacco flower.

i have much curiosity!

Yeah, love it because it is unique. If you decide it's not for you, put it up for sale on B/S/T and it will sell.

...I don't get the virginia tobacco smell that others talk about...

I believe it is the scent of (virginia tobacco) flowers not (virginia tobacco) leaves.

The same would apply to Pre de Provence soap with its (clary) sage (flower) scent instead of a (herb) sage (leaf) scent that some people expect.

Thanks,
Mike

okay gents....a question

how similar is alt innsbruk to tabac cologne? both are based at least in part on the tobacco flower.

i have much curiosity!

I hoped to like both, but was turned off by both.

When I tried Tabac, my nose was bombarded by memories of Mom's Opium perfume....weird.

When I tried Alt, I smelled gas station incense. :tongue_sm

But there's definitely something similar in them, and whatever it is it turned me off...I guess it's tobacco flower? That upset me 'cause I really like the smell of pipe tobacco. :crying: I wanted to like it but I guess it's not for me. Maybe one day...until then I'll stick with AV.

Top Bottom