What's new

Just like Grampa used to shave

Me too, mostly. If I lay on the floor and stretch out my back, there is a better than even chance that I'll have traces of chicken....droppings, lol, on my shirt when I get up.

We don't eat off our floors, we have a table!

Dave, you have a beautiful back yard! I'd take a photo of the yard behind my house, but there isn't one...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Dave, you have a beautiful back yard! I'd take a photo of the yard behind my house, but there isn't one...
It goes back a quarter mile. And it is beautiful. It struck me today that I don't appreciate it nearly enough.

It goes back a quarter mile. And it is beautiful. It struck me today that I don't appreciate it nearly enough.

It truly is a treasure. Instead of lying on the floor to collect chicken droppings, why not roam onto that magnificent lawn to lie down?

FarmerTan

Gorgeous!

You fell all that wood? Good man, and a probably a better man than me if I had the chance.
No, those days are behind me. Heart failure is winning, but I do try to push a wheelbarrow and I can run the lever on the log splitter.

I have a friend who cuts down dead wood on his property, and if I'm to slow in bringing the pick-up truck over, he will deliver it!

If you hear me doing any whining on here, will you please kick me in the arse? My life is better than almost anyone I know, and better than at least 99% of folks I don't know.

No, those days are behind me. Heart failure is winning, but I do try to push a wheelbarrow and I can run the lever on the log splitter.

I have a friend who cuts down dead wood on his property, and if I'm to slow in bringing the pick-up truck over, he will deliver it!

If you hear me doing any whining on here, will you please kick me in the arse? My life is better than almost anyone I know, and better than at least 99% of folks I don't know.

Dave, you are truly inspiring to the rest of us old coots!

FarmerTan

It truly is a treasure. Instead of lying on the floor to collect chicken droppings, why not roam onto that magnificent lawn to lie down?
My neighbors, bless 'em, have laughed at me doing just that. I'm sometimes overwhelmed by the beauty of creation and look like an idiot out there.

I'll be carrying a basket for eggs, just for an example, and look up and see a hawk or two circling the chickens, and the rooster says what he has to to the hens, and they hide under the Blue Spruce. And then I usually forget to thank Him for letting me see that.

Brother, you must be hitting the bottle! I'm the weird Unkle all the kids love and their parents have to make excuses for!

I didn't hit the bottle, but I had a few beers tonight with a youngster (in his 40s) I used to manage. I worked hard not to say "I remember back in the ('60s, '70s, '80s)..." too much, but I fear I failed. His wife friended me on Facebook afterward (I can't believe I just said that), however, so I must be somewhat cool!

FarmerTan

I didn't hit the bottle, but I had a few beers tonight with a youngster (in his 40s) I used to manage. I worked hard not to say "I remember back in the ('60s, '70s, '80s)..." too much, but I fear I failed. His wife friended me on Facebook afterward (I can't believe I just said that), however, so I must be somewhat cool!
That always cracks me up when younger folks want to be my friend on Facebook.

But, I think it's cuz I ain't their folks, and they are under the mistaken impression that you and I are wiser than their folks, if that makes any sense? I work with the kollege aged kids at church, and I tell them all the time how stoopid they are, but it ain't their fault cuz their brains aren't going to be close to wired right till they hit 25. They take that from me. When I write my book of my stupidity and His grace towards me at their age I'll give them a copy, lol!

Our son was a miracle. We weren't supposed to be able to conceive, and it was both our "faults." We are old enough to be his grandparents. His girlfriend's grandparents are younger than us!

So we have prayed since he was born that he would have adults in his life that would speak truth into his heart when he gets to the age where we get stupider than him, and so far, He has answered that prayer. He is driven to succeed, more so at 19 than I was at twice his age. I'm blessed.

That always cracks me up when younger folks want to be my friend on Facebook.

But, I think it's cuz I ain't their folks, and they are under the mistaken impression that you and I are wiser than their folks, if that makes any sense? I work with the kollege aged kids at church, and I tell them all the time how stoopid they are, but it ain't their fault cuz their brains aren't going to be close to wired right till they hit 25. They take that from me. When I write my book of my stupidity and His grace towards me at their age I'll give them a copy, lol!

Our son was a miracle. We weren't supposed to be able to conceive, and it was both our "faults." We are old enough to be his grandparents. His girlfriend's grandparents are younger than us!

So we have prayed since he was born that he would have adults in his life that would speak truth into his heart when he gets to the age where we get stupider than him, and so far, He has answered that prayer. He is driven to succeed, more so at 19 than I was at twice his age. I'm blessed.

You are truly blessed, Dave. As are we all, in different ways. Have a great night--wait, it's time for all of us to go to bed, or lie on the floor!

FarmerTan

You are truly blessed, Dave. As are we all, in different ways. Have a great night--wait, it's time for all of us to go to bed, or lie on the floor!
Well my friend, if'n I don't get in bed, my wife's Baptist will come out and butt heads with my Methodist and I'll be sleeping on the Lazyboy! Good night all! (Ain't y'all happy?)

Well my friend, if'n I don't get in bed, my wife's Baptist will come out and butt heads with my Methodist and I'll be sleeping on the Lazyboy! Good night all! (Ain't y'all happy?)

At least it's hard for the chickens to drop on you while you're in your Lazyboy! Good night and God bless you, Dave, and everyone else...

FarmerTan

At least it's hard for the chickens to drop on you while you're in your Lazyboy! Good night and God bless you, Dave, and everyone else...
Thanks. If I'm quiet and she's snoring I'm golden, lol!

FarmerTan

Well, I didn't quite shave like Grampa today. I did use the GSB for the 45th time, but I shaved in the shower. I used Palmolive stick, and an unrinsed brush that had some left over Palmolive on it. Incredible face lather. Exploded.

That blade is juuuussst about done. I may try to get 50 shaves out of it, for prides sake. But I'm not going to garuantee it will be this year. Face was a little razor burned, but tolerable. Followed up with some Bootleggers Bay Rum Lime, courtesy of @OkieStubble .

Face still tender, may give my lovely mug a break tomorrow.

Well, I didn't quite shave like Grampa today. I did use the GSB for the 45th time, but I shaved in the shower. I used Palmolive stick, and an unrinsed brush that had some left over Palmolive on it. Incredible face lather. Exploded.

That blade is juuuussst about done. I may try to get 50 shaves out of it, for prides sake. But I'm not going to garuantee it will be this year. Face was a little razor burned, but tolerable. Followed up with some Bootleggers Bay Rum Lime, courtesy of @OkieStubble .

Face still tender, may give my lovely mug a break tomorrow.

5 bad shaves? You like living life on the edge!

FarmerTan

I had 43 really good shaves on that blade. But I may have to give it a break until Spring and less dry skin!

As I am half Scotch, I can't afford to throw it out!

My other half is Soda.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
For the last three weeks I've been shaving with a one pass wtg shave using the Gillette Slide. I'll pull lather over any spots I think need a another going over doing just a little light clean up. I still have the rotation from Hades, but at least I'm doing the shave routine of most of our grandfathers. The result is definitely dfs and more than satisfactory.

FarmerTan

For the last three weeks I've been shaving with a one pass wtg shave using the Gillette Slide. I'll pull lather over any spots I think need a another going over doing just a little light clean up. I still have the rotation from Hades, but at least I'm doing the shave routine of most of our grandfathers. The result is definitely dfs and more than satisfactory.
Yes, this works well!

Our generation thinks we need to reinvent the wheel!

Top Bottom