What's new

Just got AltInnsbruck for my Birthday!!!

I hinted to my wife to buy it for my birthday. I was a bit hesitant because it is about $30 and I nevered smelled it. I never smelled AltInnsbruck but I know it gets great reviews hear.

So hear is my first impression.

Scent: Not what I expected. I smell a hint of grape maybe. I really like the scent. I can see why it gets the great reviews. My wife said she really likes the scent and she usually doesn't like my "old man" scented aftershaves. This is now ranked up there with Speick as being my favorite scented aftershave. Not too strong and doesn't last too long on me. Usually I like light scented aftershaves, but this smells so good I want it to be stronger and longer lasting.

Effectiveness: It is much more mentholated than I expected. More than my Aqua Velva but not as much as my Osage. Not much moisturizing and a bit drying but that is what I prefer anyway. I just keeps my skin non oily and smooth.

Price: I still think this is high and it should be more around $15. I am willing to pay $30 for it since it smells sooooo good. Just think, I have many bottles of cologne over $100 and that never bothered me.

Love Alt Innsbruck. Probably the reason is because I had never smelled anything like it before and it is my first aftershave used after taking up the straight razor.

It's great stuff. My wife thinks it smells like a bag of Halloween candy (which she likes).

I just got some of this recently as well. It does have a slight black licorice scent which fades with the menthol and then it becomes sweet floral and powdery. Very sweet. I like it well enough, and it will probably grow on me more.

Someone mentioned it smells like tabac, and I think I will pair this with the tabac shave stick.

I did nearly spill half the bottle onto my hand the first time I tried it, the mouth is very wide.

I just picked some up on BST today and can't wait either. Could never put together an $80 order to get free shipping from one of our vendors as I may have finally reached my saturation point on brushes, soaps, etc.

Really glad one finally came along and can't wait!

Top Bottom