What's new

Jokes that make you groan

1648648501494.png

When Bill Gates died, he went up to Heaven, where Saint Peter showed him to his house; a beautiful 20 room house, with grounds and a tennis court. Bill Gates was pleased, and spent many months enjoying the amenities of Heaven.

One day, he was enjoying one of Heaven's many fine parks, when he ran into a man dressed in a fine tailored suit.

"That is a nice suit, my friend," said Gates. "Where did you get it?"

"Actually," the man replied, "I was given a hundred of these when I got here. I've been treated really well. I got a mansion on a hill overlooking a beautiful hill, with a huge five-hundred acre estate, a golf course, and three Rolls Royces."

"Were you a Pope, or a doctor healing the sick?" asked Gates.

"No," said his new friend, "Actually, I was the captain of the Titanic."

Hearing this made Gates so angry that he immediately stalked off to find St. Peter.

Cornering Peter, he told him about the man he had just met, saying, "How could you give me a paltry new house, while you're showering new cars, a mansion, and fine suits on the Captain of the Titanic? I invented the Windows operating system! Why does he deserve better??!!!!"

"Yes, but we use Windows," replied Peter, "and the Titanic only crashed once."

Somewhere in a small town in middle America, a church and a synagogue (Jewish temple) share a parking lot. For years, the rabbi and the priest were close friends, often going golfing or fishing together. The communities of the two religious institutions were close as well, sometimes doing joint charity work, carnivals, and other events.

Neither the church nor the synagogue have their own van, for youth programs and the like, but neither has the funds available in their budget. After a long discussion, the rabbi and the priest decide to go halvsies on the van, painting the name of the church on one side, and the synagogue on the other. On the day the van is delivered, the rabbi looks out of his office window to the shared parking lot and sees the priest sprinkling water on the hood and tires of the car. Confused, the rabbi goes outside.

"Why are you washing the van, its brand new!" asked the Rabbi.
The priest replied, "I'm not washing it, I'm blessing it. This is holy water. This is how my people bless something new."
The rabbi said, "I think I understand the concept. We too have a similar tradition."

The rabbi heads back into the synagogue and comes back out with a hacksaw, and proceeds to cut an inch off of the tailpipe.
We need a 'wince' emoji.

Top Bottom