What's new

Joint Venture

I have a friend that sort of induced himself into the hobby. When he was visiting his son (my son-in-law) a couple of years back, he saw his son's brush and confiscated it for his own use until I showed up and made him give it back. That night he ordered two of his own, an Old Spice mug on ebay, and some Col Conk Bay rum soap.

He has been hooked ever since. He has about a half dozen brushes now and growing, including some we built together.

Our latest joint venture is a Virginia Sheng 24 mm Silvertip in a Frank Shaving Faux Horn handle. The resulting brush is both beautiful and a joy to use. The handle is slightly longer than most. The knot was set high at 55 mm loft.

The hole needed to be opened up about 2 mm to accommodate the glue bump swell just above the base puck, but it opened up easily with a Dremel Drum Sander.

The first picture is of mine in bloom and his unbloomed. He hasn't picked it up yet.

It likes a large mug so here it is with a couple of mugs it likes, a thrift shop soup mug and a Reagan Library mug.

And here are the obligatory lather shots with the Ronald Reagan Library mug with Col Conk Almond.

Top Bottom