What's new

Join Us for the Badger & Blade July 4th Cookout

Usually three times per week i'll cook myself, and any others interested, a meal worked around the theme of stir fried vegetables over a grain adding whatever chunk of already cooked protein that may be stashed in the fridge. With it nicely tucked into the 40C's with humidity and not much cooler in the kitchen, moved the stir frying outside to the gas grill in a perforated grill wok.

Dinner for two...

Vegetables - first in... cauliflower, white onion, ginger & bok choy stems.
Next addition is red pepper, button mushrooms and backyard sugar snap peas.

Sauced in a regular wok with a mix of soy sauce, oyster sauce, Sriracha, minced garlic and chicken stock, bring to a boil add the cornstarch thickener, allow to thicken then in with the chiffonade bok choy stems and sliced up grilled chicken breast to heat through. Over basmati rice - some bean sprouts, scallions and black pepper to finish. Nice smoky crunch.

Fresh squeezed lemonade - lemon juice, white sugar and club soda over ice.

Music - Sleater-Kinney, The Woods

file2-8.jpeg
file3-3.jpeg
file4-2.jpeg
file-14.jpeg
file1-10.jpeg
file1-9.jpeg

dave

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Usually three times per week i'll cook myself, and any others interested, a meal worked around the theme of stir fried vegetables over a grain adding whatever chunk of already cooked protein that may be stashed in the fridge. With it nicely tucked into the 40C's with humidity and not much cooler in the kitchen, moved the stir frying outside to the gas grill in a perforated grill wok.

Dinner for two...

Vegetables - first in... cauliflower, white onion, ginger & bok choy stems.
Next addition is red pepper, button mushrooms and backyard sugar snap peas.

Sauced in a regular wok with a mix of soy sauce, oyster sauce, Sriracha, minced garlic and chicken stock, bring to a boil add the cornstarch thickener, allow to thicken then in with the chiffonade bok choy stems and sliced up grilled chicken breast to heat through. Over basmati rice - some bean sprouts, scallions and black pepper to finish. Nice smoky crunch.

Fresh squeezed lemonade - lemon juice, white sugar and club soda over ice.

Music - Sleater-Kinney, The Woods

View attachment 894503 View attachment 894504 View attachment 894505 View attachment 894506 View attachment 894507 View attachment 894508
dave
Now there's an interesting take on the holiday Cook Out. Looks tasty.

Canada Day grilling affair... four bands we wanted to see were playing a free concert in a nearby park starting at five so not much time to grill and eat. Simple grilled hot dogs with a side of chocolate ice cream and triple chocolate cookie. First attempt at cold brew to finish, sixteen hour steep.

All beef topped with home dill pickle slices, sweet relish, pickled hot peppers and ball park mustard.

file4-1.jpeg
file3-2.jpeg
file1-5.jpeg

dave

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
883CA823-EDAA-4AC2-90CF-EF3C2CA11423.jpeg
Grilled some marinated chicken breasts, fresh herbs from the garden, rosemary, basil, parsley and oregano. EVO, white wine, splash of Balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, pepper Cajun spices.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Forgot to snap pix of the salmon, squash and asparagus last night. No worries though, Wednesday will have some smoky protein hitting the plates.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
C8ED9144-11A8-4DDB-8661-1F9A1645DB78.jpeg
Ribs on the new Weber Summit

Attachments

• 5317FB38-6C18-423A-94E5-C837E10B426D.jpeg
    5317FB38-6C18-423A-94E5-C837E10B426D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • AF2A24F1-9D06-49DC-BC30-335CDBBBA863.jpeg
    AF2A24F1-9D06-49DC-BC30-335CDBBBA863.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 3E7966D3-077F-4CF3-9BD8-556FD90235D2.jpeg
    3E7966D3-077F-4CF3-9BD8-556FD90235D2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I slacked. Just some burgers and Nathan hot dogs. Fire makes a burger better, and toasted buns even more so. Then add a piece of sharp cheddar and Swiss and I’m happy. I will probably do the butt this weekend.

80C67935-7B24-4219-94D6-EEA376E93B22.jpeg
F22481B8-2429-4384-B660-FFE33E133390.jpeg

^Glad to know I’m not the only one to toast buns on the grill. My fam looks at me like a weirdo when I ask who wants one.

I’m in for star spangled ribs tomorrow. I’ll report back!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
^Glad to know I’m not the only one to toast buns on the grill. My fam looks at me like a weirdo when I ask who wants one.

I’m in for star spangled ribs tomorrow. I’ll report back!
Toasted buns take a burger up a notch. I decided to work tomorrow and take today off. Since I am off Sunday and Monday, I got a 3 day weekend, and it didn’t cost me a vacation day.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Always brown my buns on the grill. Better half doesn't care for it.

Ribs going on the smoker later this morning followed a little later by some sweet corn.

Top Bottom