What's new

Jack Dean -The New Pashana?

It looks like Pashana aftershave (and other Pashana products) will be re-branded as Jack Dean in the United States and should be available next year. :001_unsur The brand name is a little curious but...I guess that is what the focus group decided on.

Last edited:
Hi Phil. Thanks for the information. I cannot for the life of me understand the whole Pashana issue. I know there was something about trademark or copyright issues but even then, Pashana has been around for over one hundred years. How could this come up now? And sorry, but Jack Dean? To me that is about as inspiring as Jack S**t. Sorry to be crude but man, what is going on with our old English firms? I just hope I can get some more Blue Orchid before it is either done away with or rebadged to something like Fresh Aire.

Cheers, Todd

Hi Phil. Thanks for the information. I cannot for the life of me understand the whole Pashana issue. I know there was something about trademark or copyright issues but even then, Pashana has been around for over one hundred years. How could this come up now? And sorry, but Jack Dean? To me that is about as inspiring as Jack S**t. Sorry to be crude but man, what is going on with our old English firms? I just hope I can get some more Blue Orchid before it is either done away with or rebadged to something like Fresh Aire.

Cheers, Todd
I love Pashana, but I don't think I'd be willing to tell people I rub "Jack Dean" all over my face in the morning.

I know what you mean. The new name is definitely curious...is it a Kentucky Bourbon, a breakfast sausage or an aftershave? No doubt some marketing "genius" thought it sounded American (this brand will only be used in the U.S.). Maybe Jack Dean is the CEO of Pashana.

Last edited:
I really like Pashana, so I'm glad it will remain available under some name. I would certainly explain the rebranding in your advertising so buyers can be assured it is Pashana.

Yes it is odd. The name and the whole cloak and dagger about U.S. distribution of Pashana. I went to the Denman site and sure as anything the Jack Dean line does NOT have Blue Orchid listed as available. It is still listed under the Pashana products so I think we can safely ASSume it will remain available in UK distribution but not the U.S. I am ordering a couple of back up bottles of the Orchid this week. West Coast is closing them out and I noticed another vendor who used to sell the whole line only has one or two products left in the line. Slowly but surely the U.S. distribution is drying up. What a pita.

Cheers, Todd

I just wanted to double check things to make sure I read it correctly. Indeed, a number of the items available under the Pashana line are not shown in the Jack ****e brand. Look at Pashana list to see the difference. Honestly, the only difference I can see is labeling. Why can't they just offer the same products with the new label? I hope I can continue to get some of the other items through...someone.

Cheers, Todd

Last edited:
Hey Shawn. I have looked that soap over before but decided against it even if I could have had it imported to the States. Besides, it looks exactly like the Revivage soap I had which was average. I am not saying it is the same but it looks exactly the same. I hope they get all this sorted because I cannot be without Blue Orchid.

Cheers, Todd

It's interesting to read this. I was very recently on their website and I noticed they had this Jack Dean line that looked identical to the Pashana line. I really couldn't figure out what it was all about. It is a pretty unappealing name. I use and love the bay rum hair tonic and would like to try some of the other stuff. It will be shame if they discontinue some of the line.

a representative from the company has been in touch. The explanation is that, for legal reasons, they cannot sell the Pashana range outside the UK. The Cartier organisation owns the "Pasha" trade mark and "Pashana" conflicts. To sell the range outside the UK they had to come up with a new brand name. They chose "Jack Dean" as the full name of the inventor of the original Denman hairbrush was "Jack Denman Dean".

In the UK, Pashana and Blue Orchid are still available.

Top Bottom