What's new

It's Winter Beard Time

Hi guys,

This year I've decided to grow a beard for the colder months. This is something I like to do occasionally, but my other half has voiced her opinion that she likes me with stubble/full beard better than clean shaven! :w00t:

I am going to compromise with her - I will do it on the condition she dyes her hair black (I prefer this to her current bright red, which I find a bit too much!)

:)

Anyone else here have seasonal facial hair? Or has other half that prefers facial hair to clean shaven?

It will be a nice change, but I sure as hell will miss my shaving.

John

I've got a full beard now, and I've always worn either a full beard or a goatee/'stache combo since I sprouted whiskers. I don't like the way I look completely clean shaven. My girlfriend loves my beard and never wants me to shave it, which is fine with me since I don't plan on doing that. I can't stand stubble on my neck though, which is where my DE comes in. :biggrin1:

I like to have a beard every once in a while but, generally I think I do it because of the other face I see when I eventually do shave. Having a beard, for me, is like a form of detachment; Shaving it all off, especially since a straight is so elegant, is highly empowering and trans-formative. I feel like an entirely different person sometimes. Psychoanalyze that. :lol:

I have participated in a Novembeard or two :laugh:. Kinda fun to see your face completely clean shaven after a month of growth. :thumbup1:

I switch around during the year, but beginning on Thanksgiving I always let it grow out into a full beard.
I usually leave it through late February/early March.

The wife hates it for the 1st week or two, then complains about the mustache for another week or two, then loves it.
I've come to an agreement this year to grow it out Abe Lincoln/Amish style without the stache :thumbup1:

I used to follow the motto..
"first snow she grows.. first crow she goes"
did that for many (maybe 20+) years
then I found this site...
and my cheeks are now cold.. :blink:
:lol:
not sayin I'll never grow another, but that warm scuttled lather in the morning, with the smoothness of a sharp straight has a pretty strong call.

I have joined the fight!
I give to the Canadian Cancer Clinc and take my Therapy Dogs to hospitals and nursing homes to visit with those who have cancer and other maladies...
prayers to those who are fighting the disease and those fighting for a cure :thumbup1:

Feel free to join my team and grow a mo as a flag of your support. I'm working on a deal that will see a company match our team $1 for $1.

Best of both worlds: my VanDyke arrives with the cold weather and allows me to still enjoy shaving my neck and the sides of my face.

Other than daily shaving possibly being outright dangerous in really cold weather, I'll try to shave loads this winter.

If you're not outside all day it shouldn't matter at all though.

I keep a goatee and sideburns and maybe a strip along the jawline most of the time, but shave the rest.

I've had a beard for 20+ years and my wife and kids have never known me without it (except for a 2 wk period of a goatee (sp?)) but I'm tired of it and am going to start wet shaving again. Had to compromise by keeping the goatee. I like the idea of bartering for a change in the other half's appearance....maybe I can get her to do the auburn hair I've lusted after for years :thumbup:

ever since graduating high school I've kept a beard of some degree or other, my mustache and goatee haven't been shaved off for some 15 years now, full beard being on most of that time, except for a couple of summers. My wife of 13 years has never seen me without at least mustache and goatee.
At the time I found B&B and started DE shaving, I had not shaved the full beard in 6 years, my children had never seen me without a full beard at that time.
I still keep the 'stache and goat', and never foresee their removal, but I do tend to grow the full beard for the 'cooler' months ('cooler' being a very relative term here in Texas), in fact, I just started this past Sunday.
I don't like the look of my face without it. Funnily enough, my wife always hated facial hair until she met me :biggrin1:

My daughters, ages 5 & 6, don't like Daddy to have whiskers, so my face stays smooth. Plus, I have so much shaving stuff that I would feel guilty not using it! :lol:

Top Bottom