What's new

It's the little things that make a good store great.

Shaving.ie is my go-to when it comes to shaving supplies they've got an excellent selection, great prices and their customer service is exceptional.
The other day I received an order and the wrong blades were included. I contacted Chris and asked could I return the blades to him in exchange for the ones I had ordered. His replied within the hour and not only did he promise to post the right blades first thing in the morning, he said I could keep the ones he sent by mistake.

I know many people will say "well its only a pack of blades", but in my experience of shopping online, that's a rarity. Most places wouldn't let you keep the wrong item they sent out, even if it only cost a penny. Its doing that little bit extra to please the customer that sets the great stores apart.

Thanks again Chris, your store rocks!

Last edited:
It may be only a pack of blades now, but it's pretty certain that you'll be spending many further dollars there for many years to come. Smart business!

I've shopped there as well and can't speak highly enough of them. Not only do they have fantastic prices but they shipped to the US in under a week with low shipping costs. And I got a Muhle R41 for half the price I could get it in the US.

I had the same experience with WCS. I ordered Red Proraso and they sent Green. One call and red was on the way, keep the Green. I tried it but didn't care for the fragrance so I PIFed it to another fellow here, a newbie who wanted to try it. WCS will get plenty of my business.

I'd say it seems most of the vendors here are like this, all about customer service. Makes sense, you're not likely to stop shaving so repeat business and customer loyaly count big time.

Scott

Last edited:
It's always wonderful to hear about a company who just flat out gets it. I agree completely on WCS. I emailed them after I had put my order in and explained that the web site wouldn't give the "on sale price" to my cart when I ordered. Not only did they apologize for the issue they refunded the difference back to me.

Last edited:
I am like that with LL Bean. I bought my daughter a down jacket when she was in the 2nd grade. I put it up after the first season and when I got it out for her second season wearing it, I noticed a seam had come undone on the back. I called LL Bean and asked how to go about getting it repairerd. She said send it back and they would replace it. She suggested that if I bought a new one I could return the old one in the new box and when they got the old one back they would refund my money. They did. But the thing that made me a customer for life was before she hung up she said that she noticed the jacket was for a young girl and would I like the next size larger. I told her I would and that they now had a customer for life. LL Bean rocks. Good customer service will make loyal customers, I know it did for me.

Great customer service from Shaving.ie and thanks to posts like these, many of us know now that we can order from WCS & Shavinge.ie with confidence.

I had a similar experience with Bushnell Optics, who manufacture binoculars and sports sunglasses. I bought a Bolle sun glass (brand owned by Bushnell) in 2010 through Amazon, and in 2012 one of the chrome plated logos in the temple arm fell off. The sun glass was fully useable, but not very good to look at since one temple arm had the logo and the other one did not. Knowing fully well that I'm out of the warranty period (1 year) and that I live in Singapore while the glass was purchased in US, I still wanted to try out my luck by calling Bushnell customer service.

As soon as I called, I was put on to a representative who said she will send a free replacement with free postage to Singapore even though it is out of warranty and she profusely apologized for the logo falling off! She also gave me her email address and direct contact number to make it easier for me to contact her till the shipment arrived. Unfortunately, FedEx delivery centre in Singapore lost the package and when I let the Bushnell rep know about it, she was very apologetic and sent another replacement free of cost, this time on priority international shipping!

That's what I call great customer service and Bushnell now has a customer for life!

Last edited:
I concur with the comments about customer service.
Chris @ Shaving IE, also stocked items that I could not get elsewhere (Muehle Retro SP2 brush).
In terms of customer service = good customer service = I will continue to patronize your business and recommend to all my friends.
Bad customer service = not only will I never do business with you again...I will make a point of advertising the fact to all my friends.
I understand that mistakes happen...making it right shows that you are accepting responsibility..enough said.

Thanks for sharing.

I've also had only positive experience with shaving.ie. Chris has always been very helpful and responsive.

Ive also had that same experience with bullgoose.com. I ordered a tub of proraso red and the owner sent me a personal email thanking me for the business. I have to say that I had never expereinced that before. Very refreshing to see that!

Top Bottom