What's new

Issues with new Rockwell T2. Quality issues?

I know it isn't the most expensive razor on the market but I think many would call it a high-end razor for the price, maybe they wouldn't but it certainly isn't a cheap razor.

That being said, I ordered a couple of adjustables to join my Futur, a Pearl Flexi V6, and a Rockwell T2. The pearl is gorgeous, feels incredible, and the quality is apparent. The T2 I am less impressed with for being almost twice the price of the Flexi. Upon receiving the razor, I couldn't open the butterflies to put a blade in. I would unscrew it but nothing would happen. I could pry them open, but then screwing the butterflies closed they wouldn't close and if I pushed significantly on the top, they would close but not tighten.

After watching a disassembly video, I decided to take the razor apart to investigate. There was no lubrication on the shaft whatsoever and it was binding so bad it was rendering the razor unusable. Mind you, this was a brand new T2 purchased from a vendor. I cleaned the parts, lubed them up a bit and the razor now functions fine. Put a blade in it and it looks great, and I look forward to shaving with it.

I can't help but be a little bit bummed that I had to do that to a brand new, 150-dollar razor though...
IMG_3466.jpeg

I don't blame you! I would have contacted Rockwell for a replacement if it were me. That's a definite quality control issue.

Reactions: Kix

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I know it isn't the most expensive razor on the market but I think many would call it a high-end razor for the price, maybe they wouldn't but it certainly isn't a cheap razor.

That being said, I ordered a couple of adjustables to join my Futur, a Pearl Flexi V6, and a Rockwell T2. The pearl is gorgeous, feels incredible, and the quality is apparent. The T2 I am less impressed with for being almost twice the price of the Flexi. Upon receiving the razor, I couldn't open the butterflies to put a blade in. I would unscrew it but nothing would happen. I could pry them open, but then screwing the butterflies closed they wouldn't close and if I pushed significantly on the top, they would close but not tighten.

After watching a disassembly video, I decided to take the razor apart to investigate. There was no lubrication on the shaft whatsoever and it was binding so bad it was rendering the razor unusable. Mind you, this was a brand new T2 purchased from a vendor. I cleaned the parts, lubed them up a bit and the razor now functions fine. Put a blade in it and it looks great, and I look forward to shaving with it.

I can't help but be a little bit bummed that I had to do that to a brand new, 150-dollar razor though...View attachment 1485800

I agree! You should never have had to do that, for a brand new razor. There is no way in heck that this razor was inspected, because if it were, the defect would have been discovered early on, and not get put out to be sold in the retail market. Far too many companies have dropped product inspections since the pandemic started. And since the supply shortages kicked in shortly thereafter, manufacturing defects have also gone up, due to high demand, squeezing companies to push out product faster.

I personally, would like to see companies get back on track, to how things once were, prior to the pandemic. But alas I feel, that is but a pipe dream. For our world has changed so much, we are still trying to get ourselves back on our feet, and press on. But, you should contact Rockwell and report about this issue. For the fact that you had to fix the razor yourself, the company should at least give you a 50% money refund.

If I was Rockwell, I'd consider that an honorable solution, either that, or take back the one you fixed, and send another new one without issue. But then again, thats the honorable thing to do, and not all companies do the honorable thing. Still, I'd be curious to know what their reaction to this would be, if you were to contact them. Food for thought.

The fact that this razor went out like this, is shocking to me. I knew something was wrong the second I operated the razor. It wasn't even that the razor was binding, it was as if the razer was literally seized. What makes me even madder, is that I wanted a few more adjustable razors and had heard some good things. Not a good first impression.

I am sure that Rockwell will respond in an appropriate fashion. A hysterical tirade is not going to help, nor will the assumption that they are going to rob you. For the life of me, I cannot see why someone perpetually needs to see posts like this as a reason to launch a rant which calls into question the integrity of a company. This razor should not have been sent out like this. They will correct the problem.

I am sure that Rockwell will respond in an appropriate fashion. A hysterical tirade is not going to help, nor will the assumption that they are going to rob you. For the life of me, I cannot see why someone perpetually needs to see posts like this as a reason to launch a rant which calls into question the integrity of a company. This razor should not have been sent out like this. They will correct the problem.

Where is the hysterical tirade? Where is the insinuation that I think they are going to rob me? Are you reading the same post you are commenting on?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
@Inverted Just wanted to let you know that I am 100% on your side. I know what your going through, and I have been through it, and a whole lot worse in life. I am here for moral support should you need it.

Parts made in China? Not surprised that you got a faulty product. Nothing made in China can be trusted. Example: Fountain pumps. All made in China, none last more than a few months. I bought one to keep water circulating in a large bowl outside (mosquitos can't develop in moving water) and it shocked my dog and could have killed him. It took me a long time to get him comfortable with drinking out of his water bowl again. I don't trust anything from China. They copy thousands of products from every country, stealing intellectual property. They have no problem with shipping unsafe products. Made in China? Steer clear.

Last edited:
Top Bottom