What's new

Is this a pic of the Red Tip...

This isn't particularly edifying or apropos, but I figure this thread is as good as any to finally say it.

Red Tips always remind me of something out of Star Wars. It's something to do with the knurling pattern of the handle and the deep red paint on the knob.

This is my favorite Flare tip Superspeed. Plus you have a nice case and blade dispenser too. What you do with is is entirely your decision, but if you start to hang out here longer this is what you would do: you would buy another Red Tip for regular shaving and only use this one on special occasions!!:001_smile

This is my favorite Flare tip Superspeed. Plus you have a nice case and blade dispenser too. What you do with is is entirely your decision, but if you start to hang out here longer this is what you would do: you would buy another Red Tip for regular shaving and only use this one on special occasions!!:001_smile

Brother, every day I am alive is a special occasion. My biggest "get" of the year was made by Boston Scientific. But, as you say, it this one may only get used once in a while. I recently got a C4 Flare and a J2 adjustable and am scouting for a 40's SS for a regular rotation.

This board is great for acquiring these, though my taste is modest as you see, I am pleased. .. and the shaves are getting better and better. What a great spot this is!

Boston Scientific? Coronary stents? Welcome to B&B and it sounds like you are well on your way to growing a great razor collection. This is a great place to learn about this hobby!:001_smile

Phil's right. You may NEVER find one you like better. I have tried almost all of the Gillettes, and the Red Tip is easily in my top 3.

+1

My other two favorite Gillettes are the New long tooth OC and the Aristocrat. Haven't tried nearly all of them, though.

The Red Tip is fantastic!

Top Bottom