What's new

Is this a FAKE Gillette Silver Blue?

Yea GSBs glue is a bit thicker then most. I have some old double wrapped GSBs and the glue ran all the way to the edge of many of the blades.

I recently ordered more GSBs from the bay and ordered from the top 2 sellers. One sent me the 2018 marked blades with plain wrapper like I’ve been using the last couple years and the other vendor shipped the newer version with the “Gillette Silver Blue” stamped on the wrapper just like the one posted above.

I was worried the new 2022 ones with new wrapper were changed somehow and a few days ago I used the exact same 2 razors (GC .84p) side by side for the same shave and found them equal. Every batch of blades have their own characteristics but I’ve never gotten a bad batch of GSBs yet. While I thought both blades felt very consistent if I had to pick a favorite from that single shave I’d give the edge to the newest ones. Perhaps more shaves in the future will change my opinion of both.

It’s hard to go wrong with the silver blues.

Yea GSBs glue is a bit thicker then most. I have some old double wrapped GSBs and the glue ran all the way to the edge of many of the blades.

I recently ordered more GSBs from the bay and ordered from the top 2 sellers. One sent me the 2018 marked blades with plain wrapper like I’ve been using the last couple years and the other vendor shipped the newer version with the “Gillette Silver Blue” stamped on the wrapper just like the one posted above.
I was surprised because I found these razor blades in a local store, paid as little as 1 € the package when the cost is slightly higher,can reach even two euros and they are almost unobtainable blades especially at these prices.

Here in the forum a user wrote that there may be GSB blades around that cost less because they are intended for or distributed in developing countries.
I think I can agree.

My package reports distributed by P&G South Africa.

Top Bottom