What's new

Is there something wrong with me?

Nothing wrong with you. I use Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum, but very infrequently. I don't dislike it but I don't absolutely love it either. I only use it in the winter or colder months. My wife seems to like it so I use it. But my favorite is the classic Pinaud Clubman.

Bay Rum reddens my skin however I like the scent. In general I do not use after shaves but do like variety of scent in shaving soap but with a light touch.

I like the different interpretations of Bay Rum, and what it's "supposed" to smell like. Way back in the day I got a big bottle of Superior 70, I really like it and it's fairly mild.

Twice I've had to give up on Ogallala Bay Rum. It smells nice and all but something in it burns my face something terrible, like really bad, 2 different lots/bottles. I've a ton of aftershaves, and over the years that's the single one I wince at - something in there almost feels like a chemical burn. Too bad because like I said, I do enjoy the scent.

I love Pinaud VIBR. Love the smell and I really like aftershave with some fire to it. My skin seems to like it too. If I ever get over enthusiastic during a shave and give myself razor burn, cream-style balms seem to just aggravate it but Pinaud VIBR soothes it within a few minutes (after the initial shock!).

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Not a fan at all. Now my older brother, on the other hand, had many different bottles of the stuff which I gave away after he passed. Especially tough to sniff it these days ...

I am also in the not bay rum camp. One of my first soaps was Stirling’s Bay Rum. Great soap, but the scent just didn’t do it for me so I finally PIFed the last half of the tub to a converted colleague at work.

Incidentally, my colleague and his brother both got independently turned onto wet shaving without either realizing it for something like six months. Pretty cool, eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom