What's new

Is there any better soap than Haslinger Schafmilch?

To me the scent is great- a huge plus. Very clean without a lot of fuss and nothing "chemical". Has anyone grated this or warmed amd pressed it into a larger surface area container?

Tried that yesterday. With a bit of water added to the soap did it work.

Without heating I just cut the Puck in 10 or so pieces and placed them in a small glass salsa type bowl & mashed pieces back together. Pretty easy and the uneven surface made loading my brush a little easier

I grate any soap hard enough to have difficulty smashing into a mug or bowl. The Haslinger performed brilliantly though it likely didn't need grating. My only gripe at all is how small the puck is--even after reading that it was small it was a bit of a shock.

I used this the other night. I loaded my brush with my normal amount of soap and it took forever to mix enough water in. I was surprised how much less I could use of the soap to make a sufficient lather.

I was inspired to try this soap out because of this thread. Tyvm, I am impressed and have only shaved a couple of times with it. Simple a great performer. Thick thick wet yogurt like lather that mounts on and is easy to whip up leaving my face feeling soft. It has a mild fragrance and I am ok with that.

I have been been testing out other soaps and this is the best performer for me over Tabac, MWF, DrHarris and a couple more not worth mentioning. Cade is the other soap I would consider purchasing again.

I was inspired to try this soap out because of this thread. Tyvm, I am impressed and have only shaved a couple of times with it. Simple a great performer. Thick thick wet yogurt like lather that mounts on and is easy to whip up leaving my face feeling soft. It has a mild fragrance and I am ok with that.

I have been been testing out other soaps and this is the best performer for me over Tabac, MWF, DrHarris and a couple more not worth mentioning. Cade is the other soap I would consider purchasing again.

Glad too hear you liked it. In every giveaway package I make it's obligatory with a puck of this easy and good soap.

I have been tempted to pull the trigger on one of these soaps for quite a while now. I've joined the GRU-Summer sabbatical and intend to see it though but this thread is threatening my resolve :scared: being a huge fan of de Fat and Tabac, I am sorely tempted by this soap based the glowing tributes on this thread :drool: thanks B&B:thumbup1:

I have been tempted to pull the trigger on one of these soaps for quite a while now. I've joined the GRU-Summer sabbatical and intend to see it though but this thread is threatening my resolve :scared: being a huge fan of de Fat and Tabac, I am sorely tempted by this soap based the glowing tributes on this thread :drool: thanks B&B:thumbup1:

I doubt you will be disappointed. Tabac and MWF, DrH are great products but I can not get them to lather like Haslinger and even like Ceda but I haven't given up on them either. It is nice to get a product and not battle with it that leaves your skin feeling soft.

I doubt you will be disappointed. Tabac and MWF, DrH are great products but I can not get them to lather like Haslinger and even like Ceda but I haven't given up on them either. It is nice to get a product and not battle with it that leaves your skin feeling soft.

thanks, Apex. Now I'm definitely going to struggle with my Summer Sabbatical!!

Haslinger lathers in a very luxurious way very much like the elite soaps. Similar to strop shoppe, Sterling Anise Pana Crema. You can get a nice thick not airy sour cream type later.

The downside is that its hydration duration does not hold up like the above soaps. You loose a little slickness as the soap drys out faster on the face than the other soaps. If you shave fast or start out with a very wet face you can adjust but if I had to pick a negative compared to the very best soaps it would be that. It is also a very tiny puck of soap like the pana crema puck. The scent is very light on the clean side.

Haslinger lathers in a very luxurious way very much like the elite soaps. Similar to strop shoppe, Sterling Anise Pana Crema. You can get a nice thick not airy sour cream type later.

The downside is that its hydration duration does not hold up like the above soaps. You loose a little slickness as the soap drys out faster on the face than the other soaps. If you shave fast or start out with a very wet face you can adjust but if I had to pick a negative compared to the very best soaps it would be that. It is also a very tiny puck of soap like the pana crema puck. The scent is very light on the clean side.

How many times did you use Haslinger before finalizing this conclusion?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
How many times did you use Haslinger before finalizing this conclusion?

Obviously not enough, sounds like he's not quite there yet and perhaps needs to add a little more water. I certainly haven't experienced any dry down.

Top Bottom