What's new

Is the Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cream the same in the tube and the tub?

Any feedback on the cream vs soap. I have the soap and it is high quality, but the scent is much fainter than my recollection of the cream’s scent.

Any feedback on the cream vs soap. I have the soap and it is high quality, but the scent is much fainter than my recollection of the cream’s scent.

If you want a full dose of that wonderful scent, then the cream is the way to go. Performance of the cream is excellent.

maybe same cream but absolutely not the same shave experience!
the jar experience is totally awesome, especially with the silvered metal lid!

Blenheim Bouquet Aug 13 2013 comp.jpg

I checked the ingredients lists out online and found these two:

Water, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycol Disterate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Magnesium Nitrate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone. Tube

Water, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycol Disterate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Magnesium Nitrate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone. Jar

Other than a couple of different fragrance ingredient listings they appear to be the same! :)

I have the cream in the glass jar and it's fantastic. I think penhaligon's makes a great cream, definitely worth trying.

I have the cream in the jar and the tube. Both are great, and the same.

Do yourself a favor and get the aftershave balm as well. Great stuff. The splash is high on the alcohol and a bit drying for me, but decent.

The soap I have is an old tallow version, but the scent is not the same as the cream, and has a soapy hint to it.

I have had the jar, the soap and the tube. All are great. Probably my imagination but the jar seems better than the tube, thicker consistency IMHO. The soap is third place of the three but still great as well.

Follow up question. A few months ago I recorded and the cream in the tube was so thick. Not fluffy and light in het past.
Did I get a bad batch or did the reformulate it?
Any assistance greatly appreciated.

In October, my wife and I stopped by the Penhaligon's store in Paris. They said that the jar has been discontinued. I bought a tube of Blenheim Bouquet, but it seems thinner than the jar version. Possibly my imagination, but I do miss the elegance of the glass container. Not much to ask, given the price.

In a formulation of this kind, proper procedures and proper timing is essential to achieve consistent results! It is not uncommon for different batches to take on slightly different consistencies and the product made for a tube is going to be looser than the product made for a container to provide ease in squeezing it out of the tube. These issues have been discussed in several different cosmetic chemistry books which I own and they emphasize using exacting manufacturing techniques in all phases to produce the most consistent results from batch to batch! I'm afraid it is the nature of the beast!

Top Bottom