What's new

is the current OS cologne worth it?

Is the current Old Spice cologne worth buying, in your opinions? A subjective issue, of course, but any thoughts? Last time I bought the AS, it seemed very weak to me, compared to my first bottle of the AS purchased years ago.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I've always liked Old Spice. I have a bottle of the cologne and a bottle of the aftershave. It's a nice scent in my opinion...worth having in the collection.

I've always liked Old Spice. I have a bottle of the cologne and a bottle of the aftershave. It's a nice scent in my opinion...worth having in the collection.
Thank you for your response. How strong is the cologne, compared to others with which you might be familiar, and how long does it last? Have you noticed a diminution of the strength of your most recent bottle compared to any past ones?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Thank you for your response. How strong is the cologne, compared to others with which you might be familiar, and how long does it last? Have you noticed a diminution of the strength of your most recent bottle compared to any past ones?

I've always thought that Old Spice had decent longevity. I can still smell it at the end of the work day if I apply it in the morning.

I have OS in both AS and the spray cologne

YES I think its easily worth it as its so cheap

as far as staying power for a $7+ dollar bottle I find it OK
I only have some less Expensive colognes like Cremo or some others
I have had samples of some higher end and notice even some of the ones I love just do not work with me vs some that are cheap have worked really well and last long like some of the cremo

S0 for me its hard to say how long but as example I put some on the other day at noon the next monrning when I grabbed my shirt and put it on I notice some scent of it lightly and was kinda surprised

my wife notices a few hours later easy enough so that nose blind for me of course I think its gone but sometimes near the end of the day I can catch light amount of it and think aaaahhhhhhh I love that scent

for the price I will keep it around and use it liberaly

Is the current Old Spice cologne worth buying, in your opinions? A subjective issue, of course, but any thoughts? Last time I bought the AS, it seemed very weak to me, compared to my first bottle of the AS purchased years ago.
The current Old Spice cologne from Procter & Gamble is definitely worth owning. My take is it has a bit more cinnamon and cedar, but less floral notes than the Old Spice of decades ago. It still has a cool, but warm aroma. The two versions are close in scent, but a difference is noticed. The current Old Spice has a good longevity, like being able to smell it several hours later. For less than ten bucks, it is a bargain.

You can find the vintage cologne much easier, and cheaper, than the vintage aftershave on the bay. At least I could when I bought mine. The vintage cologne is much heavier in the spicy notes and has tremendous longevity comparatively. I put it in a nice atomizer.

The new cologne is ok too. It is definitely a lighter scent that one might like better. It comes in a nice spray bottle and is very affordable.

Top Bottom