What's new

Is Speick tube cream something special?

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Recently I have been using two high performing soaps - Ach Brito Mogno, and Seaforth. I have been pairing them with aggressive Yaqi razors to get a super-close BBS. Using the marco method to develop a great lather. I have been using Cella in a tub as well with the Marco method.

Now, normally when I do this, I have to take a break every couple of days. My skin just can't take it. It has always been that way for me - I figured I just have sensitive skin.

Recently, on a whim, I bought Speick cream in a tube. I am in shock. Whipping up a great lather takes all of 30 seconds. And my skin, when I wash the soap off, just feels phenomenal. No tiny sting, it feels like I didn't even shave.

Because I am a dork, I tried some A-B testing. Using a brand new feather blade each day, I shaved with Speick on the first two days, Seaforth on the third (it hurt to rinse my face a bit), and Speick on the fourth. Each Speick day, rinsing felt great. The Seaforth day hurt a bit, as my soap days usually do.

What is this magic? Is it particular to Speick? Or are there other creams that have an even better rinse feeling?

Last edited:
I have both, but I must confess I like the smell of the stick a bit more. Both give you excellent comfort during and after the shave!

Speick's grooming line is excellent.. soap cream and aftershave all natural perhaps that's the reason why it works so well on the skin, personally I use the Speick active cream and aftershave splash its great stuff with a nice clean lavender scent to it 👌

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Recently I have been using two high performing soaps - Ach Brito Mogno, and Seaforth. I have been pairing them with aggressive Yaqi razors to get a super-close BBS. Using the marco method to develop a great lather. I have been using Cella in a tub as well with the Marco method.

Now, normally when I do this, I have to take a break every couple of days. My skin just can't take it. It has always been that way for me - I figured I just have sensitive skin.

Recently, on a whim, I bought Speick cream in a tube. I am in shock. Whipping up a great lather takes all of 30 seconds. And my skin, when I wash the soap off, just feels phenomenal. No tiny sting, it feels like I didn't even shave.

Because I am a dork, I tried some A-B testing. Using a brand new feather blade each day, I shaved with Speick on the first two days, Seaforth on the third (it hurt to rinse my face a bit), and Speick on the fourth. Each Speick day, rinsing felt great. The Seaforth day hurt a bit, as my soap days usually do.

What is this magic? Is it particular to Speick? Or are there other creams that have an even better rinse feeling?

No magic. You simply have stumbled into one of the best affordable creams in existence. Congrats.

Have you tried the AS?

It's magic! The Speick plant and other herbal ingredients are very soothing. I like their cream, stick, splash, bath soap, body wash, etc. I wish more retailers carried it here in the US. It's such an excellent brand/product.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have both, but I must confess I like the smell of the stick a bit more. Both give you excellent comfort during and after the shave!
I once used the stick, I must have lost it. Great scent IIRC
Speick's grooming line is excellent.. soap cream and aftershave all natural perhaps that's the reason why it works so well on the skin, personally I use the Speick active cream and aftershave splash its great stuff with a nice clean lavender scent to it 👌
I purchased Speick splash when I first started out. I would up using up the entire bottle.
No magic. You simply have stumbled into one of the best affordable creams in existence. Congrats.

Have you tried the AS?
Many, many moons ago. Not for at least 5 years. I normally use balm FWIW.
It's magic! The Speick plant and other herbal ingredients are very soothing. I like their cream, stick, splash, bath soap, body wash, etc. I wish more retailers carried it here in the US. It's such an excellent brand/product.
I agree it performs as well as product 3x or 4x its price.
Now consider superlather with Speick stick and cream...
After I use up my preshave I may do this.

Next to buy is the active cream!

Apparently the healing properties of the speick plant are real. The cream is unique in my experience.

So what does the stick smell like? There was a thread about how the different items in the lineup have different scents. I went through a bottle of the AS a while back - great stuff indeed so was hoping the stick matches it.

Also curious about scent differences between Speick Original cream vs stick.

Have considered getting the stick, after I use-up my tube, and grate and press into a container like a regular soap...

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I find that every speick products are trendemous. The shaving cream is no exception
Agreed. I think I like the shaving cream better than the stick. In any event, I did not have such a "double-take' experience with the stick. Maybe paired with the cream will be another matter.
Apparently the healing properties of the speick plant are real. The cream is unique in my experience.
Yes. Having tried La Toja within the past year, Speick is definitely special.
So what does the stick smell like? There was a thread about how the different items in the lineup have different scents. I went through a bottle of the AS a while back - great stuff indeed so was hoping the stick matches it.
Smells a bit like bergamot, at least that's the nearest comparison I can think of. But it smells much more like Speick. :c16:

Reactions: ewk
Yep 100% agree. The Speick cream (at least the original, haven't used active yet but will as soon as I finish up my tube) is just phenomenal. Great scent, scent strength isn't too strong or too weak, no ugly ingredients in its formulation, economical, its a cream and I'm a diehard cream guy, environment friendly packaging, easy to lather, great slickness and good enough post-shave. It has everything you need and nothing you don't. That being said...it would be perfect if they released an aloe vera (or similar) scented version!! I've been told the Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera cream is similar to speick in this regard, but i haven't used it. I don't believe in the healing properties of the speick plant though. There's no real way to test it especially since almost all my shaves are nick free and as long as im using pretty much anything that is supposed to be lathered with a brush its always good but i can say that my face always feels very good after shaving.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Yep 100% agree. The Speick cream (at least the original, haven't used active yet but will as soon as I finish up my tube) is just phenomenal. Great scent, scent strength isn't too strong or too weak, no ugly ingredients in its formulation, economical, its a cream and I'm a diehard cream guy, environment friendly packaging, easy to lather, great slickness and good enough post-shave. It has everything you need and nothing you don't. That being said...it would be perfect if they released an aloe vera (or similar) scented version!! I've been told the Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera cream is similar to speick in this regard, but i haven't used it. I don't believe in the healing properties of the speick plant though. There's no real way to test it especially since almost all my shaves are nick free and as long as im using pretty much anything that is supposed to be lathered with a brush its always good but i can say that my face always feels very good after shaving.
I have never tried the EJ Cream. I will say that as someone with very sensitive skin, finding Speick has been a revelation for me. Better even than Cella Bio!

Never tried the speick. But I think you're like me, simply can't take any kind of artificial scent in any creams.

I avoid creams with strong scent because it burns my skin no matter how many days apart I shave.

Top Bottom