What's new

Is Old Spice the most iconic aftershave ever?

Old Spice was a cologne first, wasn’t it? And now it’s an entire product line.
To me, an aftershave has to be just an a/s not a scent.
I would say the velva or the bracer. Possibly casswell Massey but I think one is even older
The Veg.
Let's see here...Old Spice was a cologne first, eventually an aftershave was introduced, and for years it was the top selling aftershave in America for decades, and still might be, but who knows anymore. So I guess being the top selling aftershave in this country doesn't make it iconic, because it evolved from a scent? Aqua Velva and Skin Bracer both came in cologne form years ago, so I guess we have to disqualify those two because they were also a scent, using that logic.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
It depends to a degree where in the world you reside, although I accept this forum is very US centric hence the prevalence of the two cursed words "CONUS Only" in the BST section. In the UK everyone has heard of Old Spice and of course Brut, which as we all know is far superior and the greatest scent ever created by man 😁 However, very few people will have heard of, or seen, Aqua Velva or Skin Bracer and it is almost impossible to find here in a brick and mortar store.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I guess the Big Mac is the "most iconic" hamburger in the world.

Of course, nobody* is going to say the Big Mac is the best burger in the world.

*okay ... one guy maybe.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I guess the Big Mac is the "most iconic" hamburger in the world.

Of course, nobody* is going to say the Big Mac is the best burger in the world.

*okay ... one guy maybe.

I do love the Whopper...but I'm not sure if I think it is the best..

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Let's see here...Old Spice was a cologne first, eventually an aftershave was introduced, and for years it was the top selling aftershave in America for decades, and still might be, but who knows anymore. So I guess being the top selling aftershave in this country doesn't make it iconic, because it evolved from a scent? Aqua Velva and Skin Bracer both came in cologne form years ago, so I guess we have to disqualify those two because they were also a scent, using that logic.
I looked up the definition of “iconic” Widely recognized and well established so Old Spice fits well within that as do many others.

I’ve always considered OS the iconic aftershave I’m sure because it’s the one I started with and my father and grand father used.

Top Bottom