What's new

Is my Cella gone bad?

Has my Cella spoiled? I transferred it to a different tub a while back to make it easier to load. Recently I noticed the color change, and the scent is getting weaker. should I use it up before it gets worse, or get a new one?

IMG_20191125_135658.jpg

Looks fine to me. I guess performance would be the test.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My first tub did exactly that. I don't know how much longer I could have used it as I threw it out. Several tubs later, it has not happened again. I am now going through a kilo of Cella, which I keep in the refrigerator to avoid it happening again.

I had a tub of Cella do that. I tried to use it up, but some of those bumps started getting in the lather so I had to toss it. I'm cautious about how many soft soaps I keep, now.

Not that old. Wonder if it was old inventory at your vendor.
you might try asking him.
It was a present, so I don't know who the vendor was. I only have 2 soft soaps and the other soap is a Boalis and it looks fine. The bulk of my soaps are hard milled soaps. Perhaps I'll get a new one and keep it in the fridge and portion out couple of weeks supply.

If it doesn't smell rancid, it should be fine but it may be starting to turn on you. I'd just go to town on it until it's gone but that would only take me a month or so.

Worst I've seen is a slight texture hardening and yellowing at the surface. That looks like boot polish that's been lit too many times.

On the recent labels, it shows the symbol for "best used within 12 months after opening", but people report they are able to keep it for 24 months or longer without issues. I'm sure it depends on how long it sat on the dealer's shelf.

It does start getting a yellow colour after a while but probably only on the surface. Mine is well over 2 years old (it was the old packaging and someone on B&B alerted me to that) but only started yellowing a little on the surface. As I worked down the tub it went back to the normal colour and is near finished now. Lesson learnt was don't hoard large amounts of cream or soap if you want to use it at optimum quality.

Top Bottom