What's new

Is Gillette building menthol into the razor itself?

These new Gillette Proshield carts are supposed to have one big change over the Proglides: a lube strip before the blade to protect guys who do restrokes on areas where all the cream is gone (prior lube strips were generally after the blade ).

Anyway, these carts apparently come in two varieties: standard (yellow) and cooling (blue), which is supposed to have "cooling technology" built into the lube strip. No word on exactly what that is, but are they maybe building menthol into the cartridge now? I'm sure this will be appreciated by all those shavers using "frostbite" varieties of product around here, because now you can add even more sources of cooling than just the soap!

I've tried them and there's not much of a "chill" - just a very, very mild cooling effect that quickly wears off following a rinse and balm application.

Just another gimmick to raise their prices.

This. I got the yellow one, and the only thing I noticed while shaving with it, was a soapy slim that I didn't have before using reg Fusion carts. For the money they're asking, you're better off with the reg Fusion carts. Or better yet, just stick with DE shaving.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
They are also touting "up to 1 month per cartridge" I could do it when I was 17 and didn't have much facial hair. I guess they aren't lying. [emoji6]

I'll pick some up if they layer my face with cryogen as I shave ;)

Next thing, they will come out with a backpack assembly that the shaver wears, and is connected to the razor with a small rubber tubing assembly. The backpack will be filled with the specially engineered menthol shave cream solution and pumped to the razor with a 12V pump. Quick connect battery cable assemblies allowing the user to hook himself up to a car battery (for his convenience and comfort), will be sent out for free to all shavers who Like the page on Facebook.

Gillette - You didn't ask for it, or even want it, but we created it just for you anyway.

This hoss got beat up pretty good already, here.

Actually got a pack and shaved with one last week, really nice shave.
indeed a mild cooling sensation, after the shave.
as for 17 shaves per cart, I wouldn't want to try, personally.
and we moan about the pricing and the big corporations get bashed a lot.
but they deserve some credit for trying to innovate.

$image.jpeg

They are also touting "up to 1 month per cartridge" I could do it when I was 17 and didn't have much facial hair. I guess they aren't lying. [emoji6]
I don't have any problems getting a month out of the regular ProGlide carts. I'm not sure why this one would be any different. I suppose I'm fortunate to have the facial hair of a Disney princess and the skin of Superman instead of the other way around.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I don't have any problems getting a month out of the regular ProGlide carts. I'm not sure why this one would be any different. I suppose I'm fortunate to have the facial hair of a Disney princess and the skin of Superman instead of the other way around.
I'm almost at that level myself. I don't get 5 o'clock shadow till 5pm the next day!!!! [emoji23]

I just don't see spending all of that money for a menthol strip. There are many less expensive ways to get "cooling sensation", including shaving creams with Peppermint Oil. (TOBS is a favorite).

Top Bottom