What's new

INTERESTING OBSERVATION

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
I’ve noticed that this forum has a different section for shaving soaps, and shaving creams.

But some sellers sell
shaving CREAMS, and classify them as shaving “soaps”.

I think they are generalizing them because they “may” fall into croaps?

What do you think?

Should there be a CLEAR distinction between soap and croaps?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I agree that croap is open to interpretation. I have seen Cella referred to as a croap when to me it is a soap, but I suppose it may depend to some extent on your local climate and room temperature. That said there is a clear difference, fo me anyway, between a soap and a cream yet I sometimes read threads here where soap is being discussed only for it finally to dawn on me that the subject is cream. A soap should at least be very firm to the touch, if not triple milled. If you could take a butter knife and spread it on your toast then it is a cream. 👍

There are a range of options ranging from very soft creams to very hard soaps and most everything in between! Where you draw the line between categories is up to you!

To me the point is whether the product produces a good/great lather for shaving! :a29:

The way I see it is that although creams come in jars, as well as tubes, you simply place some cream onto/into your brush then set about lathering straight onto your face or in a bowl.

I classify croaps AND soaps as "soap" because you must load your brush by working it on the soap's surface first.

The above differentiation works well in the soaps and creams sub-forums.

But of course, that's just my two cents (and opinion). YMMV :wink2:

Top Bottom