Interesting Article on the slow rise of the Glock in the U.S. Military

Discussion in 'Shooting Sports and Firearms' started by OkieStubble, Jan 11, 2019.

1. ackvil

ackvil Moderator

I learned that they are light, faster, and easy to clean. :001_rolle:001_302:

2. Good read!

3. I wish I were kidding...

Aside from my carry G19 and my race gun (modified G17, its a fun tackdriver), I have never cleaned my other Glocks (7). In fact, I only clean the carry gun because of the contact with my clothes, not because of a concern with reliability.

4. Elite team members can use whatever they want and most are using the HK & Sigs in 45.

5. Good article.

6. I was always a fan of SIG Sauer, till I got issued a Glock for work. 14 years later, I can't imagine carrying something else for a duty gun. They are just so damn reliable.

7. We know different people... None of mine are using H&Ks, and zero 45s. 9mm NATO reigns supreme.

8. Link?

9. That's classified information. (The Space Force has been using particle beam weapons for over a decade):2guns:

10. Bhugo

Bhugo Contributor

Particles have to be cheaper than 9mm ammo!

11. The Space Force also does low light training on the dark side of the moon.

12. LMAO!

13. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Ambassador

Can tell you our rail gun projos aren't cheap!

AA

14. Chan Eil Whiskers

Chan Eil Whiskers Contributor

You have to clean 'em?

I bought a good used mid sized 9 mm. I put 2000-3000 rounds through it just to see what would happen?

Nothing happened. It just went bang every time I pulled the trigger. Etc. No jams. No signs of anything even remotely wrong.

I'm not wild about the trigger feel, but that's no deal breaker for me. The guns are a bit blocky, too, but so what?

Note: Normally I clean my guns. This was just a test of the weapon.

Happy shaves,

Jim