HI,
I remember reading a post sometime ago regarding use of twin injector
blades in certain injector razors. I recall someone mentioning certain
razors were not compatible with twin injector blades. For clairification,
does anyone know if this is true & if so which specific injectors are
not twin blade compatible?

Appreciate it much!

Saully G.

I can't really answer your question, but when these blades were introduced, I was using a Schick Hydro-Magic. It was able to use the new twin blades, but when I tried them, I found that they clogged up too easily. It's been a lot of years, but if I recall correctly, I gave up on the twin blades before I had used up the first cartridge of them that I had bought.

I believe you will find that they didn't stay on the market very long. I suspect that most folks that tried them had the same result as I did.

Regards,
Tom

V

VR6ofpain

Gillette introduced the Twinjector blade. As far as I know they are compatible. I have a couple dispensers. The blades look barely thicker than a standard injector blade.

Pics for fun:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Here are the directions from a pack of the Personna Injector II twin blades. It indicates they should not be used in a Hydro Magic (i.e. the rinsing lever):

Important: Injector II blades fit Personna Floating Head Razors and all injectors razors made since 1961 except razors with rinsing levers, Pal razors, and Personna stainless steel razors. Should these blades not fit your present razor send $1.50 and name and address to ASR and we will send you a Floating Head Razor.... (I wish!)........

Also, are those Gillette blades in the picture the one you are referring to? I believe those are Gillette's single blade injector blades. The Twinjector blades say Twinjector and usually are in a black/white/red/yellow package, not green. Gillette made single and twin injector blades for a while, as did Personna and Schick........

Last edited:
The Gillette blades in the green card are single edge, but Gillette also offered twin edge ones, as did Schick and Personna. The injector razors produced before the L model (around 1965) are not ideal for the twin blade, which is thicker. It will fit in older models, but may not perform as well and/or condition the razor's head so that single edge blades inserted afterwards may not fit so snuggly anymore.
The biggest warning is about the PAL adjustable injector razor- stick a twin in there and you may never be able to get it out again, and your razor could be ruined forever....!

Top Bottom