What's new

inexpensive feather blades

Got Twice what I ordered (200 blades) in exactally 10 days, weekends inc.
I did think for a microsecond about contacting the seller of the quantity mistake tho.
Perhaps should I lose sleep over it tonight, I shall send him a refund:)

Question...

Have you tested them against other Feather blades from an authorized dealer?

The pricing is very curious to me because I'm an authorized Feather dealer and that price is cheaper than my wholesale price, even if I ordered greater than 1 million blades at a time.

Is the vendor an authorized dealer? I'm curious to where he/she got them.

Question...

The pricing is very curious to me because I'm an authorized Feather dealer and that price is cheaper than my wholesale price, even if I ordered greater than 1 million blades at a time.

Are your Feathers in the yellow packaging? If so, they could cost more as they intended for the Western markets. The black packages are intended for Asian markets. Market segmentation is the objective, as you can charge more to folks in the more lucrative markets.

Last edited:
All made in japan, look like the real deal to me.
proxy.php

Are your Feathers in the yellow packaging? If so, they cost more as they intended for the Western markets. The black packages are intended for Asian markets. Market segmentation is the objective, as you can charge more to folks in the more lucrative markets.

These are the ones in Black

Are your Feathers in the yellow packaging? If so, they cost more as they intended for the Western markets. The black packages are intended for Asian markets. Market segmentation is the objective, as you can charge more to folks in the more lucrative markets.

I can order the Black or Yellow package, the price per blade is exactly the same. The Black come 5 blades per pack and the Yellow 10 blades per pack. The Blacks are not an Asian market product.

I can order the Black or Yellow package, the price per blade is exactly the same. The Black come 5 blades per pack and the Yellow 10 blades per pack. The Blacks are not an Asian market product.

I can't explain it then but someone (spindlecone) has posted a pretty convincing picture that they're legitimate. I just assumed the black packages were intended for Asian markets because 5 blades would be more affordable to very low income users.

You know you have a problem when a pack of Feather blades makes you salivate. I'm looking forward to your report. That's all that's getting in the way of a bulk order.

I have to agree with RazoRock that the price seems excessively low (i.e., less than 1/2 the price of most vendors). It does not mean they are not legit, but certainly suspect in my eye. To sell at that price I would think they either 1) acquired them "for free" or 2) made them in Thailand. :tongue_sm

Let us know how they shave!

Question...

Could be the same product priced differently for different markets - c'mon, we all know that Feather blades can't possibly cost that much more than blades made in other countries - despite the fact that they retail for much more than other blades.

Cost of production and shipping has nothing to do with the price of Feather blades in North America.

Could be the same product priced differently for different markets - c'mon, we all know that Feather blades can't possibly cost that much more than blades made in other countries - despite the fact that they retail for much more than other blades.

Cost of production and shipping has nothing to do with the price of Feather blades in North America.

I retract my earlier statement. :blushing: I just found this on another forum and it definitely is in line with your thoughts.

"I purchased a pack of 5 of these Feather Hi Stainless Double Edge blades whilst on holiday in Thailand just a couple of weeks ago. We can all talk the semantics of which blade is best but price has to factor into the equation at some point.

I thought I should make this posting to remind you all of just how much we get ripped off on prices in the West. I paid 30 Thai Baht that's just 75 US cents for the 5 blade pack in a local Supermarket. Incidentally, that price includes a local sales tax of 8%."​

**Note that the post quoted above was made 5 years ago, not recently.***

Last edited:
I ordered 50 from the guy on the 29th September. Arrived here in the UK 7 days later so no complaints there. They look genuine to me.

I'll be trying one tomorrow.

Gareth

Question...

I would assume this is an example of a "grey market" situation. The blades are likely 100% real and the seller is probably 100% authorized--but to sell in his own country and not here.

This is the story for hundreds of products--the most well-known of which is the camera market. Lots of lower-priced camera shops (even operating out of US) are selling "grey market" items--originally intended for sale in another country.

Well I just shaved with one of the Feather blades from this ebay seller that arrived a couple of days ago..

It looks like a Feather and it shaves like a Feather, so I reckon it's a Feather.

Lovely shave. Might order some more while he's still selling.

Gareth

Top Bottom