What's new

Indulgence of the Night October 07

a glass of Blanton's on the rocks after dinner at our friend's place. They helped us move, so I gave them a bottle.

A Tale of Two Sams and Two Glens :biggrin:

Samuel Adams Boston Lager accompanied by
Glenmorangie Burgundy Wood Finish

Samuel Smith's Imperial stout accompanied by
Glenfarclas 30 yo

How did you like that cigar, Bob? I received one in the mail awhile back from an Altadis promotion, and found it to be a little bland for a cammie.

Funny you mention that, I was expecting a bit more flavor. That was my only issue. I would hate to dismiss it having only smoked the one though. The construction was perfect and it smoked flawlessly.

A Patron Anejo bruise with Fresh Squeezes Lime Shaken Briskly Served Up and the nice Smoke Below
View attachment 11990

How did you enjoy the 1990? I had a 1992 vintage this weekend and WOW!

Smooth and with a little kick- not sure if it was the two Benadryl I took or the Glenmorangie that washed them down. :biggrin:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'm such a good hubby. Working evenings now, so I made lunch the main meal (which, from a standpoint of health, ain't such a bad idea).

Salad
Brown rice
3rd World Chicken-

Blend thick Greek plain yogurt, fresh lemon juice, and fresh ginger, turmeric root and garlic in blender. Toast whole cumin, coriander, and fenugreek seeds, black and white peppercorns, cinammon stick, clove, cardomon pods and dried chile in a hot, dry pan. Grind in spice grinder (you knew those cheapo blade coffee grinders were good for something), and add to yogurt paste. Marinate chicken (shrimp or lamb cubes work) for several hours, then grill slowly.

Served with '97 Zind-Humbrecht Gewertztraminer, for medicinal purposes only. I passed on the wine, but there had best be some left in the fridge when I gets home. :c18:

I had an awesome Cuesta-Rey Centra Fino and some Cigarzin. This was fantastic Napa wine.

proxy.php

proxy.php

full

A good drink, and a good book...
This is nice... I so rarely get to enjoy decent fiction for pleasure anymore with all the dry academic stuff I read every day :thumbup1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom