What's new

Indulgence of the Night - May 2011

Last night I did a private bourbon tasting for Google's office here in Atlanta. We had Blanton's, Parker's Heritage 2010, Four Roses LE Small Batch 2010, and Pappy 23 among other things. Quite a lot of fun!

Just ended my spring semester so I picked up a bottle of Glenmorangie quinta ruban for this evenings celebrations.

This:

proxy.php

I drink Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse whenever I get the chance. It is so fricken good! If I die with one of those in my hands I will consider it a good life.

I also enjoy a Beefeeter and Tonic when there is no Weisse.

Mmm just look at that!

proxy.php

Beautiful Ross... just... beautiful. That quarter cask is phenomenal.

And Franziskaner... mmmmm. It's been too long since I've enjoyed one.

The last couple of years for my annual Cinco De Mayo party, I have been infusing Pineapple Vodka. 5 pineapples with 4 handles of Vodka for about 3 weeks this year. I saved just a little for later, tonight was later :blush:

The last couple of years for my annual Cinco De Mayo party, I have been infusing Pineapple Vodka. 5 pineapples with 4 handles of Vodka for about 3 weeks this year. I saved just a little for later, tonight was later :blush:

Am I reading this right? You're infusing pineapples with vodka? I know how to make a vodka melon.. Same procedure?

Am I reading this right? You're infusing pineapples with vodka? I know how to make a vodka melon.. Same procedure?

There is really nothing to it. I've seen several bars around the country do it, so I gave it a stab. You basically just let the vodka do the trick. Cut up as many pineapples as you can fit into your container (they will float) and let them soak in vodka for at least a week, the longer the better. I personally like strong martini like drinks where I don't have to add liquors for flavor. You can also add a few sliced lemons for tartness. The pineapples take out almost all the burn, so they go down way to easy. Just add simple syrup to taste, I personally don't think it needs it, but most people do. I would start small with an ice tea jug.

Top Bottom