What's new

Incoming!

Just received a bulk roll of film and a new thermometer for developing.

A3D1DA82-C08F-4881-B73E-7A854BEA940E.jpeg
A6435CB2-CF90-47D8-9C31-974F371D24B0.jpeg

Okay, I’ll bite. Is it a digital microscope?

Sorry, I didn't mean to tease - yes, it is a USB microscope (cheap Chinese kind).
I have just spent an hour getting the driver to work, it is apparently made for Windows XP and 7, so it has been a bit of pain to get the software to work with Win10, but now it works.

I got a Panasonic 100-300 f4-5.6 Mk ii (200-600 full frame equivalent) earlier this week. I've been working sun up to sundown all week so no chance to take it out for a test drive yet. It's supposed to be sunny this weekend really hopping to get a chance to get out and put it through its paces.

Sorry, I didn't mean to tease - yes, it is a USB microscope (cheap Chinese kind).
I have just spent an hour getting the driver to work, it is apparently made for Windows XP and 7, so it has been a bit of pain to get the software to work with Win10, but now it works.
I don’t remember seeing any photos from this baby. Did you post them and i just don’t remember? Danged old gray cells aren’t what they used to be.

I don’t remember seeing any photos from this baby. Did you post them and i just don’t remember? Danged old gray cells aren’t what they used to be.

No, I haven't posted any photos, I haven't had the time to play around with it since I got up and going.
Hopefully I will get the time - I would really like to see the difference (if any) between a Shapton and a Coticule finish on a straight

I bought myself a Canon EOS M50 mirrorless camera with the EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens as a belated Christmas present to myself. Fun camera to play with and happy to be shooting with something other than my phone (not that my iPhone 11 is any slouch as a camera). Took it out last weekend for a test run and I think we're going to get along fine.

I bought myself a Canon EOS M50 mirrorless camera with the EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens as a belated Christmas present to myself. Fun camera to play with and happy to be shooting with something other than my phone (not that my iPhone 11 is any slouch as a camera). Took it out last weekend for a test run and I think we're going to get along fine.
Congrats! Hope to see what you can do with it.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I should be receiving this within a week or so.

I had one in Cebu, Philippines for many years. One of my girlfriends loved exploring photography. She used and converted it much more than I did, so I left it with her. Now I miss having it so found another available in Japan.

There aren't many "super-zoom" digital cameras with hotshoe, manual zoom, manual focus, shoot in RAW and powered by AA batteries.

Fujifilm Finepix HS20EXR. An oldie but a goody for me and the photography that I like to do.

s-l400(1).png

s-l400(2).png

s-l400(3).png

s-l400(4).png

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod

I had one in Cebu, Philippines for many years. One of my girlfriends loved exploring photography. She used and converted it much more than I did, so I left it with her. Now I miss having it so found another available in Japan.

There aren't many "super-zoom" digital cameras with hotshoe, manual zoom, manual focus, shoot in RAW and powered by AA batteries.

Fujifilm Finepix HS20EXR. An oldie but a goody for me and the photography that I like to do.

It has arrived. Just like the pics above.

Everything works as it should. The only small problem is that the ring that displays the focal length is loose. I'll glue that into place tomorrow.

Next I will chase up some 58mm filters.

It has arrived. Just like the pics above.

Everything works as it should. The only small problem is that the ring that displays the focal length is loose. I'll glue that into place tomorrow.

Next I will chase up some 58mm filters.
Nice! I've had a couple fuji super zooms, not as nice as that one though. They really do pack a lot of power in a small package. Congrats, and enjoy!

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
My wife got me a Polaroid Now for our anniversary.

IMG_20230614_221038737.jpg

It came with a small bag to keep it in, but it wasn't really very convenient, so I bought myself a case to carry it. Easy to carry, easy access, and you don't have to take the camera out to use it, except to load it.

IMG_20230614_221229421_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230614_221211811_HDR.jpg

Then, while we were shopping this morning, I was looking for film, and I found this Fujifilm Instax Mini 40, and I fell in love with the retro style. So now I have to buy two different types of film.

IMG_20230614_221034092~2.jpg

Top Bottom