What's new

I'm back! (and tips on a minimal travel setup)

:blink: Hi everyone! I'm back from 2 weeks in Europe, and trying to get back into the swing. I need another vacation. Here are some photos!

So I have some tips on a perfectly passable minimal travel setup, woo! I ended up taking 1 (one) tube of cream (Trumper's Lime), 1 pack of blades (Derby), 1 travel/sample size container of AS (Nancy Boy), 1 partially used stick of styptic, and a semi-crappy, non-travel brush. That last bit is the kicker... I searched for a travel brush for a while, then realized that I had a very low-end Conk "pure" sitting way back on the shelf that could rot for all I care. I found the perfect container to be a sturdy plastic, capped cylinder which was originally packaging for a green tea whisk! :huh: A few holes later, thanks to the Dremel, and it was literally perfect.

The coolest part: it all fit in the whisk container, other than the cream and the AS. So I'm advocating slumming it, using a brush that you don't care much about, and stuffing everything into one container to make it less weird to shave while you're on the road. It worked fine, the brush managed fine (so far), and I didn't annoy myself with carrying all of the different bits involved in getting a decent shave.

I'm going to have to start hanging out with you-every time I look , you are returning from somewhere! :thumbup1:

Glad to see you made it back safely- and with face intact.

Marty

Thanks guys. =)

Marty, it was mostly wedding-related. Back to boring old home life now. At least now we can try and save some money for an actual home. :smile:

Top Bottom