What's new

If You've Only Got $50...

Do you have some high quality aftershaves yet? This is something I overlooked early on in my aquisition of razors, soaps, and creams and now wish I had picked up some better aftershave balms or skin food/milk type products before blowing my budget for a while.
+ 1 on the aftershave balm/skin food/milk and BTW Otanjou-bi Omedetou Gozaimasu!!!!*
:em2300:
* Happy Birthday in Japanese!

+ 1 on the aftershave balm/skin food/milk and BTW Otanjou-bi Omedetou Gozaimasu!!!!*

or

お誕生日おめでとうございます!!!!*

V

VR6ofpain

I got a BK4 for $45 recently. Unfortunately that is not the going rate...otherwise I'd say to get a Kent BK4. The brush is awesome.

Why the dash in otanjou-bi? It looks like ー in ジョービ, but isn't since you're already saying jou :p

Oh, and happy birthday!

If I only had 50.00...here's how it would go:

I'd find a nice Fatboy, taking my time at flea markets, antique stores, for 5.00 or less. (I've gotten MANY this way...)

I'd buy 5 pucks of Williams.... $5.00.

A couple VDH............... 4.00

A VDH Boar Brush.......... 5.00

And I'd Spend the rest on a sample pack of blades from West Coast Shaving for around 24.00. Then I'd use the next couple of months to work on my technique, mixing my soap in an old friendly coffee mug, learning which blades seem to work best, and I'd upgrade, starting with the soaps, working through the brush. Maybe I'd find a nice Superspeed, shave-ready for a couple of bucks...but I could be happy for many months on an initial investment of 50.00.

Then...when SWMBO sees how responsible I'd been, and before she finds the Penhaligon catalog stuffed under the workbench, I'd raid the account and go hell-bent for leather!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Top Bottom