What's new

If you had to use one shaving brush for the rest of your life.

Just one? That would be terrible!

I would hang on to my Thater 4125/1 though. It's as versatile as any brush I've used, plus feels super luxurious on the face. Size is about right for any purpose too.

Hard to say...a great boar brush would do it, but I'd likely turn to something with a Premium Silvertip knot from Vie-Long. I'm in love with the face feel and lather they create.

I could only narrow it down to my two favs. 1)My Rooney Heritage Stubby 3XL, 2)My Simpson Chubby2 in Best. I would not want to do without either one of them

Craig

Really close call here but I'd have to go with my old faithful SR3824.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389508635.249963.jpg

My Ever Ready 150 red and black restored with TGN Finest Fan 24mm badger knot set at 52mm. The perfect brush. I tried to make duplicates of the brush using different handles but couldn't make an identical copy.

Mainstream brush would be a Shavemac silver tip either 77 or 167.

My Duke 2 Best.

I do prefer my Semogue Owners Boar for Soaps, but in terms of feel the Duke is easily the best I've used.

Legion

Staff member
I do only use one brush. All my others are in a box in a storage unit. (seriously, that is an episode of storage wars you guys will love to see when I kick off).

This is it.

Vintage simpson handle, TGN finest knot. Very stiff and scritchy for face lathering, which is how I roll.

Last edited:
BK12..nope BK8...nope M&F Chief...nope Omega 48...nope T&H Rooney...nope
$WP_20140112_002.jpg
This one! Old plexi handle from my Dad's old brush reknotted with a TGN Finest.

Top Bottom