What's new

ID Gillette razor please

Howdy!

Does anyone here know what kind of razor this is? Is it any good?

Thanks,
Jonsey

Last edited:
Thanks for the fast replies! :smile:

Fact is I'm looking to buy a razor. It will be my first DE/safety razor (using a multi blade Gilette right now), so I want a razor that does the job, not a collectors item!

I have my eye on a few more - are these good designs?

Another Gillette:

The second item is another Gillette Tech, aluminum handle, probably made in England with the square butt.

The third (Matador) is similar, but probably a great deal more aggressive.

The last item is a Schick "Knack" i believe, and many here like them. It is a Twist to Open design, rather than a three-piece design, making it a little easier to change blades.

I would suggest either of the techs or the knack. Choice of tech depends on whether you like the thicker or thinner handle, as both will be quite lightweight.

The last one is actually a Schick Krona. It is an awesome razor. Some do not like them, and I do not know why, but they have a cult following here. :w00t:

Aha! I knew I recognized the first razor, your next pictures gave you away. I guess I am not the only one checking that swedish site. :p

This is a Schick Krona - great under-rated shaver. I really like the long handle and balance.

Yes, excellent razors. Although, the name "Krona" is an after market nickname for the razor. It was actually marketed as a Schick Double Edge and was usually packaged with Schick Krona Blades. I recently found a NOS gift set with "Krona" razor. Very nice.

Top Bottom