What's new

Ice Cream Face Off: Ben & Jerry's v.s. Haagen-Dazs

Ben & Jerry's or Haagen-Dazs?

• Ben & Jerry's

• Haagen-Dazs

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ice cream is my favorite dessert. I guess summer is the official ice cream season, but I eat it year round.

There are a lot of different brands and flavors, but this poll is for the big two - Haagen-Dazs and Ben & Jerry's. Which one do you prefer? And what is your favorite flavor(s)?

Feel free to discuss other ice creams, as well.

Ben & Jerry's. And I'm a big fan of Half Baked.

ICE CREAM FACE OFF!

B&J every time. I'm pretty sure I've been eating Cherry Garcia even before I had teeth. Definitely before I got the Grateful Dead reference.

Breyer's. The one with a minimum of additives/preservatives. Better yet, Handel's Ice Cream in Youngstown, OH (Bill Cosby ordered ice cream from them).

I like my ice cream soft enough to be able to scoop it and take a spoonful without the use of gasoline-powered piston motors, which is one reason I have drifted away from Haagen-Dazs and Ben & Jerry's.

^ I just leave it out for a few minutes...

Very distraught by the current results. 6 for BJ and 11 for HD. The Haagen-Dazs guys must live in shame, because they haven't posted!

My favorite Ben & Jerry's flavors...

Half Baked
Americone Dream
(Those are the top two. The others I'm not sure of the order.)
Cherry Garcia
Peanut Butter Cup
Mint Chocolate Cookie

I like to try new flavors, but those are the five mainstays. The only flavor that I've had that I did not like was Cheesecake Brownie. I love cheesecake and brownies, but this flavor was not so good.

I can eat any ice cream. I love Baskin and Robbins. I grew up with Breyers.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Breyer's. The one with a minimum of additives/preservatives. Better yet, Handel's Ice Cream in Youngstown, OH (Bill Cosby ordered ice cream from them).

I like my ice cream soft enough to be able to scoop it and take a spoonful without the use of gasoline-powered piston motors, which is one reason I have drifted away from Haagen-Dazs and Ben & Jerry's.
I forgot about Handel's. My grandparents lived in New Springfied OH from 76-80. I loved that stuff.

Haagen-Dazs is better than Ben & Jerry's in the basic flavors but neither are favorites of mine except Haagen-Dazs vanilla is pretty good. Never really thought Ben & Jerry's was anything special just average with a lot foo foo flavors.

Has anyone else noticed that some Ben & Jerry offerings disappear from production from time to time only to reemerge?

Yeah. They do all kinds of crazy stuff with their flavors. I think they cycle some of them in and out of rotation, as you suggest; they have some flavors that are always available; I think they have regional flavors; I think they have seasonal flavors; they have some that they've permanently done away with. Those guys are really something else.

I'll have to try the pistachio. I've also never tried either of the Heath Bar Crunches (Vanilla or Coffee). I need to step my ice cream game up.

Yeah. They do all kinds of crazy stuff with their flavors. I think they cycle some of them in and out of rotation, as you suggest; they have some flavors that are always available; I think they have regional flavors; I think they have seasonal flavors; they have some that they've permanently done away with. Those guys are really something else.

I'll have to try the pistachio. I've also never tried either of the Heath Bar Crunches (Vanilla or Coffee). I need to step my ice cream game up.

They are no longer using Heath®(there still is some in the wild) due to their commitment to 'free trade'. Look for a renaming as their toffee is soon to change.

Neither.
This. $50 and I make whatever.
$1b.jpg

I used to be a Haagen-Daz man - but that's another story for another day. I've been seduced by the sweet cream of Vermont...

"Scoop of chocolate, scoop of vanilla. Don't waste my time..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom