What's new

I Wish

I love this hobby so much that I WISH that I could shave daily. Normally I strive for and get a BBS shave so 24 hours isn’t long enough for me to require another shave then. My face can’t tolerate it either. That’s a bummer for me and during that time interval I’m often thinking about what blade, soap and razor I’ll be using for it. It’s a total obsession. Oh sigh.... one more day to go! Should I use Proraso or Cella.... a GSB blade or an Astra? Very important questions for the wet shaver!
Who else here feels the same way? Who are the every other day or so shavers?

Last edited:
I used to shave daily, as a soldier. But here's the thing. It was always a WTG single pass with a Gillette Mach 3.

Which, in Basic and AIT is about all an 18 or 19-year-old needs.

But now? To get a close shave I need 3 passes. And my skin just won't tolerate that daily.

Striving for bbs every 24hrs can be painful. When I got all excited about shaving to the point of pain & blood I focused on technique instead of bbs. I would limit myself to two passes only, maximize them & live with results for 24hrs. Women will not run screaming, business deals will go just fine and you will definitely get that little patch you missed tomorrow.

I share your laments. I tried it for a solid two weeks. My skin did not thank me for that foolhardy endeavor. I chase BBS like Wile E coyote chased the roadrunner so i just can’t help myself overdoing it. Also like @AshleyC i’ve found that my facial hair is not as compliant as it once was so getting BBS takes a bit more than it used to.

I love this hobby so much that I WISH that I could shave daily. Normally I strive for and get a BBS shave so 24 hours isn’t long enough for me to require another shave then. My face can’t tolerate it either. That’s a bummer for me and during that time interval I’m often thinking about what blade, soap and razor I’ll be using for it. It’s a total obsession. Oh sigh.... one more day to go! Should I use Proraso or Cella.... a GSB blade or an Astra? Very important questions for the wet shaver!
Yeah I’m the exact same I have to wait 2 days to shave again and it drives my wife nuts how much time I’m spending googling and looking and all that stuff she has no issue me bying hell she gets me things to try it’s just the time it takes to find the new things

I shave every single day. I don’t think you guys like this hobby at all. If you did you’d be just like me. I love shaving. You guys are sad sad sad. “I can’t shave every day. It hurts” wha wha wha! You gatta think. Use your head for once. You have other body parts with hair on it right? Not me. Not anymore. I am one smooth mother. Do you know anyone? Are you married? **** my wife has not shaved her legs in years. And let me tell you they are BBS. How you ask? I do it boss! Hell yeah! So stop this whining and get smooth yo. Oh and one word to the wise... aftershave does not, does NOT work well in every nook and cranny. Use balm on the sensitive bits brother.

I shave every single day. I don’t think you guys like this hobby at all. If you did you’d be just like me. I love shaving. You guys are sad sad sad. “I can’t shave every day. It hurts” wha wha wha! You gatta think. Use your head for once. You have other body parts with hair on it right? Not me. Not anymore. I am one smooth mother. Do you know anyone? Are you married? **** my wife has not shaved her legs in years. And let me tell you they are BBS. How you ask? I do it boss! Hell yeah! So stop this whining and get smooth yo. Oh and one word to the wise... aftershave does not, does NOT work well in every nook and cranny. Use balm on the sensitive bits brother.
I do shave my wife’s legs and other body’s parts as she cuts her self when shaving but once she has shaved her I still have to wait a day and a half like I’m not going to shave my dog you can’t only shave so much

I have to shave every day and this is what works for me:
- I do not aim for BBS but clean shave (no visual difference)
- shave in two passes and few strokes, never overlapping more than two strokes
- use a blade less sharp. Blades that work for me are Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless and Astra SP. There are others too, but I consider the Greens and Astra SP the best of the bunch.
- go ATG without fear but light touch
- use a brush to apply lather, preferably a brush with a "scrub"
- use a cream or a soap that provides proper cushion
- use aftershave balms almost exclusively
- most importantly, lather quality is paramount.
I also enjoy shaving, which is a bonus.

I think most of us will strive for a bbs hence why we shave less often I don’t like the feeling of stuble personally.

Each face is different. With that in mind, I noticed that if I shave clean every day (DFS?) I have much less stubble at the end of the day than shaving every other day, with a BBS during the first day. Pick your poison.
I don't like the feel of stubble either, mostly because I wear shirts.

Used to shave daily in the military with carts. Atg too. Didn’t bother my skin much. Now days I do notice some irritation even with shaving 2-3 days in, but I think it’s technique falling short from time to time. That’s the trouble when you change razors daily and not consistent with your tools. It’s all fun though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like the feel of stubble either, mostly because I wear shirts.
I simply cannot but grin--and deeply appreciate--the subtlety in this (unless I misunderstood it, in which case I am best off in my own little world).

I agree with you razorhead63, and BigJ, that shaving twice a day would be both fun and practical, in the sense that I could use up inventory and get on to trying some more soaps! I am, however, a daily shaver, three passes, and like MacDuff, can't seem to help but get as close to BBS as possible but am slowly teaching myself to appreciate a nice, close shave. Hmmm, maybe I need to get a slightly more aggressive razor than my Merkur--probably best that I'm in the monthly GRUME.

Last edited:

Yup...similarly I am addicted to shaving and I do it daily without missing even 1 day since I started using DE, Shavette & SR in May 2019.
I love trying to use all of my variety of soaps, brushes,bowls, razors and blades
I do plan ahead for next day what and which combination to use.
My shave is always a 3+1pass wtg, xtg & 2xatg. Sometimes will suffer irritation, some weepers & cuts. I will still shave but use milder razors & blades combination next day. Post shave is very important for me so I am ok for next day shave ...
It is good to know which combination and setup to varied so can ensure face is ready for shaving everyday...

I usually shave with 2 days in between, next day is mostly unneeded after a great shave. I did have to shave daily in the Army. Not always, but got used to dry shaving even. Might give it a try to see if I can shave.daily just 'cuz lol.

I do wish I can shave twice a day too....that'll be perfect!
At least can see my blade supplies lessen instead of burgeoning...
At least I can try all my soaps, brushes, razors as fast and ahem..get more...LOL

Top Bottom