What's new

I wish creams or soaps came in these scents

Agreed! Or maybe a cedarwood/sage/juniper type combination that smells like the desert?

I accidentally got a tub of coate's shave cream in rosemary an tea tree...first thought when I smelled it was that it smells like the desert.

I'd like to see a licorice scented soap :thumbup:

I bet you could get some very interesting ideas by looking at some of the Hookah flavors available.

I also think a Whiskey and Lime scent would be good.

Only other shooters will understand this... Hoppes #9.

I've known women who knew that if they could use it as a perfume they'd get any man; as long as he was a shooter anyway.

I'd like a real tobacco plant scented soap/cream (don't find Tabac soap to be much like; haven't tried Tabac cream but read its similar to soap).
If Alt-Innsbruck ever decided to make a soap with the same tobacco flower fragrance & menthol as their Aftershave/Cologne, I'd buy a bushel of it! :thumbup1:

I've come up with some more. Again, please let me know if there already are versions of these.

Key lime (maybe with menthol), but one that actually smells like key limes. The KMF one does not smell like the real thing.
Hyacinth
Plum
Cactus flower
Carrot
Fennel (maybe with menthol)
Mango - I've got the I Coloniali soap, but it smells like cologne. I'd like straight-up mango.
Rose jasmine
Ginger (for winter)

Mama Bear makes at least some of those scent IIRC, some with menthol...

Queen Charlotte Soaps makes a key lime and a rose (not specifically rose jasmine). Matthew will also do a custom scent if you ask really nicely ;)

Mama Bear also use to make a Gingergrass soap that smelled primarily of Ginger. I know she makes a Lime Ice but not sure how "limey" it smells as I have not picked that one up yet.

As I said earlier in the thread, Mama Bear makes a lot of the scents you are inquiring about. Plus, you could send her a PM and make a request; she might be able to make you a custom scent. Queen Charlotte Soaps will also consider requests for custom scents.

As I said earlier in the thread, Mama Bear makes a lot of the scents you are inquiring about. Plus, you could send her a PM and make a request; she might be able to make you a custom scent. Queen Charlotte Soaps will also consider requests for custom scents.

I really should look into Mama Bear's products more thoroughly. I've been hesitant to do so because I've read mixed reviews of the lather from her soaps, and high-quality lather is very important to me. Thanks for the reminder. How would you describe the lather?

Also, I'd like to try QCS products, but I don't use things with tallow. I appreciate the recommendation, though.

Yeah if you could get QCS Key Lime but with menthol in it that would be your perfect Key Lime scent. It smells like a Key Lime pie to me (perfect).

Also as people have said, you guys should all be running over to Mama Bear's site. She makes A LOT of the scents everyone is asking for. At like 8-11 dollars her soaps are awesomely priced and awesome quality. And I second kingfisher's comment about some places that take custom scent orders, or at least consider them if they can reasonably make them for you.

And Gash, don't listen to the poor lather comments about Mama Bear soaps, they are untrue. I thought that the soap was kind of mreh when I got some samples from her. But I always think samples can be hit or miss. So I found a scent I really liked and ordered it (9 dollars plus shipping isn't a lot to try a soap heh). After some information gathering and trying some different stuff, I would never claim her soaps to be anything but awesome. The difference is that her soaps like a lot of water on the front end, but don't really like as much water to be added during the lather process (this is of course my experience and YMMV). Either way, if she has a soap you really want, it is worth ordering it to try it. I think if you end up not liking it that there are enough of us on B&B that love her soaps so you could sell it on the BST ;) .

Last edited:
I really should look into Mama Bear's products more thoroughly. I've been hesitant to do so because I've read mixed reviews of the lather from her soaps, and high-quality lather is very important to me. Thanks for the reminder. How would you describe the lather?

I get a very stable, excellent lather from Mama Bear soaps. Lathering is quick, but if you spend a little more time you will get an even higher-quality lather. Unlike Angry Panda, I start with a relatively dry brush and add water little by little as I lather the soap. I've tried several of her scents, and all the soaps lather well.

Top Bottom