What's new

I was impressed

I have been DE shaving since March and fell down the rabbit hole of collecting vintage Gillette razors. On a whim I decided it would be nice to have a razor like my father used which I think was a Schick type E or G. So I finally found a G on one of the internet sites for a good price plus an E and J I found at local antique stores. This morning I finally tried the J and was quite impressed with the shave I got. I did have three weepers but consider that is from the learning curve. Overall I would rate the shave as a 9!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have been DE shaving since March and fell down the rabbit hole of collecting vintage Gillette razors. On a whim I decided it would be nice to have a razor like my father used which I think was a Schick type E or G. So I finally found a G on one of the internet sites for a good price plus an E and J I found at local antique stores. This morning I finally tried the J and was quite impressed with the shave I got. I did have three weepers but consider that is from the learning curve. Overall I would rate the shave as a 9!
When I first started shaving with the Schick injector razors 1 yr + ago I bought some used blades at the antique store along with 2 E type Schick injectors, I concluded they had lost some of the sharpness because they were 60 yrs + edge deterioration and tried those ones and was not impressed at all. I slipped in a brand new Schick blade and it made a huge difference in performance with no nicks or razor burn and Schick injectors should be in every ones den IMO.(at least one:rolleyes:). Personna (Ted Pella) also makes injector blades in the USA and are also a excellent blade.
s-l225 (2).jpg Schick blades.Personna injector blades 2.png Personna (Ted Pella) blades
Have some great shaves!

I bought new Schick blades before I tried to shave with the J. The vintage blade bank I have that came with the G, I used to put the blades from the G and E into so I could clean them properly. I also read what may have been your earlier post that the old blades did not shave well, so I knew to order new blades first. I will experiment with the E & G later, but for now will work more on using the J.

The J is one of my favorite razors! Not a lot of blade feel but it gets the job done.

My dad used a Schick. Mine's older than the one he has, but they shave amazingly well. I might get one of the E's or G's. I'm not in a hurry. My RAD is motivated by functionality and I've got enough right now.

Top Bottom