What's new

I want some Vegetarian Recipes.

That looks really nice Ashwin.

Thats right, Chris and I will need to tap into your Indian food knowledge even more. So be prepared for future questions. Please continue to post your Grandmothers, Mothers, and your creations.
Thank you Chris and Aaron. I will definitely get some more recipes. But they'll all be vegetarian (we don't cook meat at home) and will also be simple ones (I'm only just starting out:blush:).

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
BUMP.

What's happening in Veggie town. I hope my pictures of Rib Eye Roll etc have not thrown you off track.

Great minds and all...I made Red Lentil Dal this afternoon. It's ready to go. I didn't buy the naan bread this time...just trying to cut back. The wife doesn't know I cooked it so she will be happy returning from work with a house that smells good.

Ribeye will do that to people.

Its don't it to me so many times that I had to buy my own cow.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Great minds and all...I made Red Lentil Dal this afternoon. It's ready to go. I didn't buy the naan bread this time...just trying to cut back. The wife doesn't know I cooked it so she will be happy returning from work with a house that smells good.

Its don't it to me so many times that I had to buy my own cow.
Please tell me you bought a Prime Steer not a Cow, or is that just like your coke?
Cow is good for milk/butter/cheese and finally burgers. Prime Steer for it's meat. Bull is for making the former two posible.
There will be no pictures...........after all this is a veggie thread.

good to see you are still on the veggie cart.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The cow was just a coke.

This thread has been really helpful in advice and recipes. Wait a second let me see.............yep, huh, I started this thread.
Actually the rib eye roll that you mentioned made me depressed. I don't have one and I want one. You didn't by chance put one in the package you sent me? Don't tell me.

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The wife mixed up a beautiful pasta salad with all kinds of veggies yesterday. Its a good change from a regular green leafed salad. It sorta looks like tater salad but has no taters.

Here's Jim's(langod's) recipe Red Lentil Dal. This was so easy to make and absolutely tasty. The wife said, "Oh my gosh this is better than your chili." Well I don't know about that, but it was a very good meal. Something that I will now add to my rotation. The naan bread goes great for dipping or sopping.

View attachment 487503

This is a very good choice. If you want a good easy recipe.........let us know. Our is a little different though.

I made a pretty awesome pumpkin pasta last night. Also, FWIW, my version of vegetarian is just no meat. We eat plenty of dairy.

Pumpkin Pasta
-1 normal size package radiatori (or any pasta with lots of surface area that works well with sauces)
-1 baking pumpkin (could also use butternut squash)
-1 medium white onion. Diced
-1 cup heavy cream
-1/4 cup hard cheese (parmigiano reggiano, pecorino romano etc)
-parsley - chopped fine
-butter

Cut pumpkin into 4ths. Leave skin on. Remove seeds. Bake in oven at 350 until soft. About 30 min.
Let pumpkin cool, then cut it into small chunks

Cook pasta according to package. Reserve at least 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.

Add butter to a large pan. Add onion. Season with salt/pepper. Cook until translucent.
Add in pumpkin chunks. Season with a bit of nutmeg.
Cook for another 5 minutes
Add cream, cheese and parsley. Stir. Cook for 1 minute on a higher temp.
Add pasta. Stir and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Add any more cream or cooking liquid to bring the sauce to your desired consistency.

Serve with a bit more grated cheese.

I'm eating leftovers for lunch right now. I definately did not pack enough.

Last edited:
That sounds amazing, Edcculus. I'm going to try it with ravioli. May swap out the parsley for sage, as it goes well with squash/pumpkin and heavy cream.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
With summer coming on it seems fitting to revive this thread. I love the winter stews and carne guisada is my favorite, but a nice light pasta salad or even grilled vegetables seems right.

Before we start though, I need to go splash on a little of my favorite summer aftershave....Florida Water.

go......

I love grilled vegetables - asparagus, corn and eggplant are probably my favorite. For the asparagus I just drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper. I do the same for eggplant but I find it's best to salt the eggplant first to draw out the excess moisture. I slice the eggplant and lay the rounds on paper towels. I then sprinkle salt on both sides on cover with another paper towel. After 10-15 minutes the water has been drawn out. A little olive oil and off to the grill! I like them served with a splash of white balsamic vinegar.

You also can't beat a good mango-avocado salsa.

Oh, and we had the red lentil dal this evening. :001_smile

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I love grilled vegetables - asparagus, corn and eggplant are probably my favorite. For the asparagus I just drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper. I do the same for eggplant but I find it's best to salt the eggplant first to draw out the excess moisture. I slice the eggplant and lay the rounds on paper towels. I then sprinkle salt on both sides on cover with another paper towel. After 10-15 minutes the water has been drawn out. A little olive oil and off to the grill! I like them served with a splash of white balsamic vinegar.

You also can't beat a good mango-avocado salsa.

Oh, and we had the red lentil dal this evening. :001_smile

Sounds good Stephen. Great minds think alike...Red lentil Dal is on the menu for tomorrow. I can't get that stuff out of my mind.

Top Bottom