What's new

I think Gillette is on to us

If their not going to end up using this razor due to a worry about people and possible law suits, that may be one of the saddest statistics I have come across this evening, and I've been listening to American politics for the last hour! From experience, the single blade Bic disposables are three times as deadly as any DE you could put in my hand!

I just sent an email to Gillette asking if they are or are not releasing a new double edge safety razor. Hopefully I hear back from them and it's not a bunch of "I can neither confirm or deny" or "we're not at liberty to discuss future or potentially future product" legal jarble.

I just sent an email to Gillette asking if they are or are not releasing a new double edge safety razor. Hopefully I hear back from them and it's not a bunch of "I can neither confirm or deny" or "we're not at liberty to discuss future or potentially future product" legal jarble.
I really hope you don't get one of those responses too... I'll be waiting for an update! Lol

I have to call bluff on OP here with this. It seems they had some demo in stock at the AOS store and they decide to pull out last minute? I highly doubt this is the case.Makes no sense to me.

I sent emails to Gillette and AoS. Gillette said they knew nothing about it. AoS never responded.

Here is the Gillette response.

attachment.php

I still say this whole DE nonsense was a well-planned rumor. After all of this, the only thing to come of this whole thread is a LOT of foot traffic into and discussion about AOS. Talk about free publicity!

Gillette would have to be desperate to start releasing DE's in the US. They make WAY too much money from cartridge razors, even after the shave clubs took a small dent out of their business.

I really hope you don't get one of those responses too... I'll be waiting for an update! Lol
If they don't answer you then reply back asking the same question again. I jist sent a second email to p&g regardin whether or not the polsilver iridium blades were or weren't discontinued. At first they said they do not and have not ever produced or owned polsilver blades then said"according​ to a wholesaler we have discontinued them". This is a classical case of double talk. So i sent another email this time asking the same question but making it impossible through how it's phrased, for them to double talk or give a non answer. And if they avoid my questions again I'm going to call customer service where i can talk to somebody and get my answer even if it takes an 8 hour phone call.

The problem is that companies will never comment on "unannounced" products, so unless some AoS exec spills the beans over drinks, we will probably never know the truth.

Personally, I think it was probably true and planned as part of an overall AoS marketing scheme (hence the posters and Instagram photos), but something went sideways. Truth be told, it might have nothing to do with Gillette and more with some direction change at AoS. The last few months have been somewhat volatile ones for the Wet Shaving industry with the closure of a number of companies. An AoS Tech might have been canned as part of a reorganization or change in focus.

What page has the instagram pics?
The problem is that companies will never comment on "unannounced" products, so unless some AoS exec spills the beans over drinks, we will probably never know the truth.

Personally, I think it was probably true and planned as part of an overall AoS marketing scheme (hence the posters and Instagram photos), but something went sideways. Truth be told, it might have nothing to do with Gillette and more with some direction change at AoS. The last few months have been somewhat volatile ones for the Wet Shaving industry with the closure of a number of companies. An AoS Tech might have been canned as part of a reorganization or change in focus.

AoS seems to have expanded the products quite a bit recently with new fragrances and scents in the creams. Maybe there's truth to a change in direction.

You know what makes he most sad about reading this thread. Is that it started last Spring, and I figured I would read through to see if there was any product. When I could have just flipped to AoS website and see if there was anything for sale in DE with the Gillette name. Hours lost in frustration.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
You know what makes he most sad about reading this thread. Is that it started last Spring, and I figured I would read through to see if there was any product. When I could have just flipped to AoS website and see if there was anything for sale in DE with the Gillette name. Hours lost in frustration.
[emoji17] ugh.

Hey OP of this thread here, glad to see this thread is still going strong. Sad to see that the razor is not out yet. And yes when I was in the store many moons ago they actually had the ads in the store. Such a bummer that now when I go in they all look at me like I have 3 heads. Of course the fact that they always have a new person in the store doesn't help.

If Gillette had brought out a new DE at a reasonable cost, I would probably have picked one up out of curiousity, but I'm not terribly bothered if they never do as there's an abundance of vintage and new DE razors on the market. I'm pretty sure that it would have been underwhelming anyway.

If Gillette had brought out a new DE at a reasonable cost, I would probably have picked one up out of curiousity, but I'm not terribly bothered if they never do as there's an abundance of vintage and new DE razors on the market. I'm pretty sure that it would have been underwhelming anyway.
Underwhelming? Maybe.
Overpriced? Certainly.

Top Bottom