What's new

I learn something new about the Atra with every shave

10 Atra type Personna cartridges for $2.99 including postage in US from Personna.com

-- John Gehman

Note, that the Auto Plus carts were Personna's cartridges designed only for the Atra.

If you look at their webstore, you will see that they don't sell those anymore, but instead sell the "Twin Pivot Plus" which is a Trac II/ Atra combo cart.

According to Kingfisher, the nature of a combo cart means it changes how the pivot on the Atra behaves. I personally didn't think this was problematic, however, I do see his point that the design of the combo cart limits the amount of pivot.

For me, I found the Wilkinson Sword combo carts sold at Wal-Mart to be superior to the Personna carts. :thumbup1:

Note, that the Auto Plus carts were Personna's cartridges designed only for the Atra.

If you look at their webstore, you will see that they don't sell those anymore, but instead sell the "Twin Pivot Plus" which is a Trac II/ Atra combo cart.

According to Kingfisher, the nature of a combo cart means it changes how the pivot on the Atra behaves. I personally didn't think this was problematic, however, I do see his point that the design of the combo cart limits the amount of pivot.

For me, I found the Wilkinson Sword combo carts sold at Wal-Mart to be superior to the Personna carts. :thumbup1:

I will be trying the Wilks next then...thanx!

Hi All, atra where the first carts. I used when they came out(late eighties/early 90's, brain-fog) I think they were the last carts. where you still had a learning curve with them. Everything after that just became overkill and eventually became what gillette makes today, a over priced multiblade razor that the masses can drag across their faces with no skill needed. Enjoy your atra! I did!....you can find nice aftermarket handles for them still.

It always amazes me how many times I can start a new topic in here and get no responses. It's one thing to think you're a boring person, but to KNOW it is another thing entirely....:blush:

We are talking about shaving, We are all odd and Boring. We can give Thierry Boyle a run for most boring man in the room.
I think the only reason shaving is not on the list of 10 most boring hobbies is because no one thought of it.
But don't worry If you notice that you are boring people at a very nice party, talk to that girl about collecting stamps.
She will think you are marvelous and stop paying attention to that guy over there, the entrepreneur with the sports car.

We are talking about shaving, We are all odd and Boring. We can give Thierry Boyle a run for most boring man in the room.
I think the only reason shaving is not on the list of 10 most boring hobbies is because no one thought of it.
But don't worry If you notice that you are boring people at a very nice party, talk to that girl about collecting stamps.
She will think you are marvelous and stop paying attention to that guy over there, the entrepreneur with the sports car.

Three years after his thread, now we are getting some answers. :tongue_sm

Top Bottom