What's new

I Just Ordered A Bunch Of Shaving Supplies - Opinions?

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Great stuff, @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker ! Iterating @GaryTha , ARKO! brand sticks of shave soap are the crowning achievement. Birmingham’s own @saj1985 luxuriates with his family in a mountain of ARKO! At the same time, you did just press the button on 2-3 years of daily shaves, so it can be part of your future.

Bic Chrome Platinum are a great blade in my opinion, so I hope they’re as or more enjoyable for you. If not, there’s always many other choices.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Great stuff, @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker ! Iterating @GaryTha , ARKO! brand sticks of shave soap are the crowning achievement. Birmingham’s own @saj1985 luxuriates with his family in a mountain of ARKO! At the same time, you did just press the button on 2-3 years of daily shaves, so it can be part of your future.

Bic Chrome Platinum are a great blade in my opinion, so I hope they’re as or more enjoyable for you. If not, there’s always many other choices.

I don't really think shaving sticks are going to be in my future, I really don't like the idea of them. I prefer shaving soap puck, brush, and bowl. Don't you guys feel like your rubbing your face with deodorant when using those soap sticks? They always seem difficult to get a proper lather, when I have seen guys use them in vidoe's.

I couldn't understand why you were mentioning that guy, until I hovered over the mention, then I saw the mountain of shave sticks in his avatar. Just give me a bowling ball, I'll make sure to achieve a strike. :lol:

I am glad to hear more and more people liking the Bic's. Yeah see, I think I really made the right choice with those blades. When performance equals value, thats always going to be a better choice. I got 52 Feather blades left, I don't want to buy anymore lol.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

@Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker you are approaching a SAD. There is a treatment available that has proven to work. I was disappointed that you didn't include a few straight razors in your purchase. That treatment works.

I have to say, you guys have been presenting a lot of confusion for me today, so I am totally confused. At this point, I don't even know what is going on.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
@Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker , brother @rbscebu was saying you are at risk for developing soap acquisition disorder and then he expressed surprise you didn’t include straight razors in your purchase of luxury shaving products.

After all, you started with a Feather brand AS-D2 safety razor — a razor known for being mild and then you ordered a Rex Supply Co. brand Ambassador safety razor. There is no more adjustable razor than a straight razor.

I think you’re all set for razors, but that’s just like my opinion, man

I don't really think shaving sticks are going to be in my future, I really don't like the idea of them. I prefer shaving soap puck, brush, and bowl. Don't you guys feel like your rubbing your face with deodorant when using those soap sticks? They always seem difficult to get a proper lather, when I have seen guys use them in vidoe's.
I haven't found shaving sticks to be difficult to lather at all, though I prefer to load a brush from the puck and then face lather.

Looks like you ordered some great products, haven't tried all of them but I really enjoy Bic blades and Proraso green. Might not be the best soap ever, but I love the scent and it performs well for me.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

OK guys, I couldn't stop myself, I needed one more thing, but no its not a shaving supply per say. You guys know those awesome little car freshener trees called Black Ice? They only have the greatest scent in the world, makes you wanna wear it. So I did my research, what does Black Ice Smell Like.

Quick and short answer is: It smells like Davidoff Cool Water cologne. So I picked up my first bottle of it. And you know how I am guys, I follow Texas motto of doing things, if I am going to do it, I am going to do it big, and bought the 6.7 ounce bottle. Yes sir!

Cool Water.png

Before you ask whats going on, Star is having a life changing experience. You guys brought me to the side of the light, and I am getting my civilized act together, getting myself squared away.

PS: Thanks goes to @thombrogan for explaining the acronym, I got truly lost with some of them.

@Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker Hi there STCT!

I'm really glad you have joined this community to get into shaving.

Here's the thing. We are a community, and it's not just about shaving. It's about the best way to brew coffee, camping, you name it, we talk about it

Communities' look out for each other, and I'm worried you are spending too much money. You can have just as much fun here by buying a cheap vintage Tech or Slim adjustable, and a couple of sticks of Arko! or a tube of Palmolive and a cheap Omega brush.

Just don't get into trouble financially brother Star, B&B will embrace you whatever kit you got.

I had to say it brother Star, it's been on my mind.

Your comrade in the shaving game,

Simon

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

@Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker Hi there STCT!

I'm really glad you have joined this community to get into shaving.

Here's the thing. We are a community, and it's not just about shaving. It's about the best way to brew coffee, camping, you name it, we talk about it

Communities' look out for each other, and I'm worried you are spending too much money. You can have just as much fun here by buying a cheap vintage Tech or Slim adjustable, and a couple of sticks of Arko! or a tube of Palmolive and a cheap Omega brush.

Just don't get into trouble financially brother Star, B&B will embrace you whatever kit you got.

I had to say it brother Star, it's been on my mind.

Your comrade in the shaving game,

Simon

Hello Simon!

Well, I can assure you, I am an avid coffee drinker, if there's coffee, I'm going to drink it lol. I have a coffee percolator and I find it makes the best coffee from a home use brewer. Yum 😋

While I did put the razor on credit, none of these shaving supplies or the cologne were put on credit, just standard purchases. Now yes, its a bit of money I spent in a short period. I of course could have spanned the purchases out over the course of the year, I figured it was just as easy to get it all now, and not buy anymore.

That has been my intention incase your wondering, I just wanted to get all my supplies for the year this month. With the seasonal changing happening now into spring, I am soon going to be in full swing workload, which means less time I will have on the forum.

But the good news is, all that work equals financial income, which I can use to pay off my credit, and get my financial credit back into the green again. I never wanted cheap razors, I wanted quality, and I have that now. Some folks in here are trying to get me to get into straight razors, thats not going to happen lol.

Just as you've said, I've spent enough money, don't need to spend anymore. I appreciate your concern.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Thank you! I do actually love Proraso, I already own their Sandlewood soap in the RED container and I love it. I already know that I am going to like their GREEN container, because thats Eucalyptus, and I love that scent, I have it in essential oil, and the GREEN container also has menthol.

You mentioned you enjoy the Proraso Red Sandal wood soap, down the road you might want to pickup some of the Proraso red lotion aftershave. That has a nice sandalwood scent, mid range scent strength and lasts for a few hrs. Very nice and one of my favorites.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I've noticed that the more time someone spends on the forum, the more money they tend to spend on shaving supplies. Coincidence?

:concern:

This is true Ron, we all do! Some spend more then other's, depends on each's income. But one true factor is, the longer were on the forum, the more we tend to spend. I know a guy who bought 30 soaps last month, made a post about it, showed a picture, tons of soap.

But you know what? We all know it makes him happy, and as long as he isn't going bankrupt, and he can pay all his bills, pay for food still, then he's doing ok. For me, I had a 70-dollar limit that I set for myself, for this months purchases for shaving supplies.

And again, thats for the entire year of supplies at least, not going to buy anymore, cause I don't need to, thats the whole point. Now, if I were to keep on buying shaving supplies every single month, then there would be something to really be worried about, like I got lost or something lol.

But nope, I have no intention on getting lost. But yes you are right NorthernSoul, we B&Ber's do tend to get a little carried away with our purchases at times. One guy told me that he spent 5,000 dollar in only a couple of years on here. I was like, dang! lol

Hello everyone, in an effort to get my stock up on some stuff, and provide me greater variety, this is what I just ordered...

Bic Chrome Platinum blades
View attachment 1433311

Thayers Lemon Which Hazel
View attachment 1433313

Proraso GREEN Shave Soap
View attachment 1433316

Proraso WHITE Shave Soap
View attachment 1433318

Proraso Pre-Shave Cream
View attachment 1433319

Proraso Aftershave Balm
View attachment 1433320

Catie's Bubbles Le Piment De La Vie Shave Soap
View attachment 1433324

Catie's Bubbles Tonsorium Shaving Soap
View attachment 1433325

Stirling Black Cherry Shaving Soap
View attachment 1433327

Well, I think I covered everything lol. For me, this is a lot of soap, combined with what I already have now. I could go bankrupt trying to buy every artisan shave soap there is in the world, but I am not going to do that. This will be enough soap to last me, well, who knows how long!

Everybody talks about Whitch Hazel stuff too on this site, and I know I will love a lemon scented one. Plus, I want to try out Proraso's aftershave balm and pre-shave stuff, hope its good. Alright, what you guys think about my purchases today? Anybody approve? Opinions? What do you guys enjoy?
Nice!
The Bic blades are my favorite. I just received the same 100 pack a few days ago. I find them to be sharper than the Feathers and smoother.
When I started DE shaving I started with the grocery store Wilkinson's. Then ordered tons of brands and models (sample assortment packs). Tried them all and landed on the Bic's and unless something changes with them, I'll be using them long term.

Top Bottom