What's new

I got a Wilkinson Sword seven day empire set (picture heavy)

Just to let you know, putting a Gem blade in an Empire gave me the single worst shave I have ever had in 30 years of wet shaving. I won't be using mine again till I get the proper blades honed up
I know the feeling. My last worst shave took place a few months ago due to using a modified GEM blade. Sliced the side of my nose open with a unguarded corner.

I managed to modify a gem blade yesterday using a cut off disk, several cut off disk actually, with my dremel. Not something I want to do often!
Anyway, I used it in place of the wedge blade last night on my face with only 12 hours of growth and got a 2 pass BBS on my face. If I do this again I'll need a spacer two keep the blade in place, but more than likely will focus on learning how to hone the wedges to use this beauty properly.
By the way, the monstrous size of the razors head makes it hard to see what you're doing from time to time as well.

Beautiful set. I have the style without the daily blade holders. I refreshed a blade using paste on an extra Valet strop I had and I really enjoy using it. The head is large and holds a lot of water when rinsing off lather, without a good shake, but they are beautiful, mechanically impressive to me, and actually a pretty good shaver.
Let us know after you get one of the wedge blades up to snuff.
Periodically I drool over sets like yours where all the blades look good, so please enjoy it.

6932A09B-70C4-4547-896F-CFCEFF781EBB.jpeg
EF867198-E403-488A-B603-D5D790E0D825.jpeg
B0763B3B-3B80-4E05-8BF2-6B4E72860BE8.jpeg
AD8ACA8B-9463-4C3C-8226-9540FD07460C.jpeg
D91BE769-A8EF-4365-BBB9-3A23FB5BF64B.jpeg
48E10BC9-4BB7-48D0-BE16-477C680E7D7A.jpeg
As long as we have a thread going about these works of art heres some photos of mine. Got the cloth cover for it to.

Last edited:
Imagine the whistle sound I just made guys.
My only concern about showing such sets, and describing their shaving ability: all the DE/Gillette/ Excalibur guys' threads will get lonely. (JK).
LOL yeah the Excalibur guys are kind of lonely folks aren't they! JK to
:thumbsup:

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
By the way, the monstrous size of the razors head makes it hard to see what you're doing from time to time as well.

Agreed! Another downside for me is that I'm partially bearded, and that roller bar had hairs that I had intending keeping, wrapped round it when I'd done!

Agreed! Another downside for me is that I'm partially bearded, and that roller bar had hairs that I had intending keeping, wrapped round it when I'd done!
I can see how the roller bar could quickly become a curling iron with bite for a guy keeping some Beard, moustache, or sideburns lol.

Hi all,

Pray tell, are the "BLADES" (only) available anywhere for this set ? Thanks.

SixCats!
I'm sure that when these sets were still available on the market that replacement blade were available to buy.
Now I'm afraid that unless you happen to come across some in the wild or auction sites, you'll have to commission a Smith or someone that makes straight razors to obtain new wedge blades.

Hi @DCRIII . Yeeeea.....I was afraid this was going to be the case. The following is my sad story......I acquired a WS Seven Day set today as part of a trade/swap (one of four Razors). This set is incomplete with no strop. The Silver Case is in overall good condition The Razor itself is in BEAUTIFUL condition (especially after my cleaning/detail).
Here's the sad part of my story......I mistakenly soaked all seven Blades (along with holders) in the wrong liquid container (a caustic solution). Uggggh. The "holders" are completely fine and not effected by my mistake. The BLADES themselves however, did not fare so well (turning Black). When I realized my mistake, I quickly wash off Blades with Soapy Water, dried and placed the blades in Oil where they are still soaking. Of the seven blades, two were already pretty bad to begin with having bad edges. The remaining five Blades might (somewhat) clean up. Oooh, so stupid on my part! Ooh well. I have seen these old Seven Day sets around and since I'm in no hurry, I can take my time and (per your suggestion) try to find another Seven Day set, even a partial set. I'd sure like to also find that Strop as well. Thanks for you help DCRIII.

SixCats!

Felicitaciones. Muy buen set. Acabo de comprar uno pero viene sin instrucciones. Esperando llegue por correo. Podrías tomarle fotos a tus instrucciones para por lo menos tener ésas imágenes?

Congratulations. Very good set. I just bought one but it comes without instructions. Waiting to arrive by mail. Could you take pictures of your instructions to at least have those images?

Last edited by a moderator:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Felicitaciones. Muy buen set. Acabo de comprar uno pero viene sin instrucciones. Esperando llegue por correo. Podrías tomarle fotos a tus instrucciones para por lo menos tener ésas imágenes?
Could you please post in English so that we can understand what you are talking about.

okey. Felicitaciones por ese set de Wilkinson. También compré uno. Esperando que llegue por correo. El mío no tiene las instrucciones. Podrías tomar fotos tuyas para al menos tenerlas en una foto. Imprímelos. Gracias.

ok. Congratulations on that Wilkinson set. I also bought one. Waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Mine doesn't have the instructions. Could you take photos yourself to at least have them in a photo to print them out? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom