What's new

I am ashamed of myself

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I used to think I grew up with Gillette (buying everything new they put out) but for the life of me I can't remember ever having an Atra. The first one I had was their Techmatic then at some point on the the Trac II and later the Sensor series. Where did the Atra fit into this progression?

The Trac II came out in 1971, and the Atra, which is basically a pivoting Trac II came out in 1977.

http://news.gillette.com/about/timeline

Well, you can't deny the essentially utilitarian nature of shaving. Thinking about picking up a can of Barbasol myself for this same reason. Not the Atra though. Never tried that one. I think my first actual razor was the Sensor. Do they still make that one?

They sure do... With 2 and 3 blade option... or as a excel. The handle is also still available just a little harder to find. The Sensor was also my first ever razor...

They sure do... With 2 and 3 blade option... or as a excel. The handle is also still available just a little harder to find. The Sensor was also my first ever razor...

Yep I found a sensor excel for $12 at Drug Mart. It came with the razor, 2 twin blade carts + 3 blade cart. They're still around

Hi,

While I have shaved from the beginning (1976) with a DE, I have had several cart systems. Mostly ones which have wound up found in the mailbox. Mostly from Gillette. The one I kept was the Mach-3. And, that one became essential once razor restrictions showed up for air travel.

So, nothing to worry about there. And also nothing to worry about if you use it other times as well. They all shave, it is only a matter of degree and time which differs from the oldest Straight to the newest Cart. ;)

Stan

Top Bottom