What's new

I am a Menth Head!

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I just got a reply from Shaving Time, they've been in contact with Fernando the owner and maker of MSC. Apparently they have been told that its a rumour, and why would they shut shop when things are really taking off for them.

I just got a reply from Shaving Time, they've been in contact with Fernando the owner and maker of MSC. Apparently they have been told that its a rumour, and why would they shut shop when things are really taking off for them.
So, it's just a rumor, then. The thread RIP has them gone two or three posts. Good to know they are still around to get more of my money!

Like all good Menth heads you have to have your gear. When you are chasing the Menth freeze you will go to any means necessary. For example this thumb pepper grinder to grind up your menthol crystals into your shave lather. sometimes indeed enough is not enough!
Salt-And-Pepper-Grinder-Stainless-Steel-Salt-Grinder-Pepper-Mill-Single-Hand-Mini-Pepper-Grind...jpg

Could you contact them and let them know it was a misunderstanding? There are no rumors about MSC. Some readers here had confused/conflated them with Master, the bulk barbershop aftershave company that is indeed newly out of production, and MSC, so it was all an honest mistake. Thank you in advance.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Could you contact them and let them know it was a misunderstanding? There are no rumors about MSC. Some readers here had confused/conflated them with Master, the bulk barbershop aftershave company that is indeed newly out of production, and MSC, so it was all an honest mistake. Thank you in advance.
No drama brother everyone makes mistakes, well at least I do. I'll be sure to get a message to Fernando tomorrow.

No drama brother everyone makes mistakes, well at least I do. I'll be sure to get a message to Fernando tomorrow.
I agree, and I thank you, brother, if I may, on behalf of those (not me) who had mistakenly conflated the two companies.
I just wouldn't want someone to think rumors were circulating about them going out of business when not correct. No need for any ill feelings to be experienced, especially when nothing in reality had actually happened. ;).

It's still too bad, though, that Master is out of business...

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I agree, and I thank you, brother, if I may, on behalf of those (not me) who had mistakenly conflated the two companies.
I just wouldn't want someone to think rumors were circulating about them going out of business when not correct. No need for any ill feelings to be experienced, especially when nothing in reality had actually happened. ;).

It's still too bad, though, that Master is out of business...
Like I said brother absolutely no drama and absolutely no need for thanks 👍.

I have a grinder just for menthol and an 8 ounce bag of crystals. I can't see anything beating the cost of that it will probably last me years. I am a menth head for sure I think after a while a tolerance develops to it after some time. My face used to be a little too cold using stirling glacials, now I can add some menthol to arctique be fine. I do miss my low tolerance a little though.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
A pepper grinder full of menthol crystals is the way to go.
I've been using a pepper/salt grinder for quite a while now with crystals, although I've only used it to add menthol to my aftershaves. I also put some crystals into alcohol to dissolve. Then I add that to my none alcohol splashes. I've got some Sterling frost drops inbound to try.

Top Bottom