What's new

How would you rank Cella, Tabac, and D.R. Harris?

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
All three are excellent and well-regarded around here. I'm settling in on owning (repurchasing) just these three soaps and I rank them this way

Cella
Tabac
D.R. Harris

I'm curious how people who use all three view them. I like them all, but in that specific order.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
All three are great performers but I would push Cella down a notch or two only because I'm not fond of the scent (little red tub if it makes any difference).

I may get chastised for this one but Cella never worked out for me. It just didn't provide the same cushion nor slickness that I've become accustomed to. I guess this is a true example of YMMV. DR Harris is wonderful stuff, however.

That's a tough one. I would rank them in the order of D.R. Harris, closely followed by Tabac, and Cella.

D.R. Harris
Tabac
Cella

I love all 3 of these soaps and if you ask me this question a month from now the order could be the exact opposite.

Last edited:
Cella set my face on fire. I won't buy Tabac. But I do have four different scents of Harris and backup pucks of a couple of the scents.

I have also found Cella to be a good performer, but not in my top 5 or even top 10 for performance. So, I would say DR Harris, Tabac..... Cella.

1.Tabac - I rate this above the others by an wide margin, fast lathering and far more protective

2. DR Harris - not good enough to be in my rotation - good but just misses better moisturizing than Cella
3. Cella - not good enough to be in my rotation - not an almond fan a lot of better soaps for me.

Cella
Tabac
Harris

Kept putting off getting the tub of Cella thinking it could not be as good as Tabac and another of my favorites MWF. I was wrong.

Personally,

I am one of about 2 people on earth that just doesn't have good luck with Tabac. I tried and tried, and never got a decent shave out of it. I'm sure it is something I did wrong, as most people rave about it. I ended up giveing it to my brother.

cella and DR Harris are both fantastic. I don't know that I could rank, I like both

All three are excellent and well-regarded around here. I'm settling in on owning (repurchasing) just these three soaps and I rank them this way

Cella
Tabac
D.R. Harris

I'm curious how people who use all three view them. I like them all, but in that specific order.

I would rank them in reverse order simply because I think performance is pretty even, but D.R. Harris scents are hands down far superior (IMHO) to Tabac or Cella.

Top Bottom