What's new

How to upload photos to a post

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
There are 2 ways to upload photos to a post. By using the URL, or web address of the image you wish to upload, or by posting the image directly to B&B.

First up - Posting the image directly to B&B.

Find the image on the website you wish to upload in your post. Right click your mouse on the photo and click "save image as"
1.jpg

Select a location to save the image to your computer where you can easily find it, and delete it later. Click "Save"
(Note: Some websites do not permit you to download a photo from their website, if this is the case, you may need to use an alternate method as described below).
9.jpg

Once the photo is saved, in your post, click on the picture Icon to start the upload process.
11.jpg

Next you will see the upload Icon, click in the box which says "click here"
10.jpg

Select the location where you previously saved the photo you wish to upload, and click "open"
8.jpg

Your photo will upload to your post. When it is completely uploaded, it will change from gray to full color. When you are done writing your post, click the "Post Reply" button in the lower right corner, and you are done!
7.jpg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Next we will talk about loading a photo into your post using the web address of the image.

First, find the photo you wish to share. You can right click on the photo and select "Copy Image Address".
3.jpg

Alternatively you can click "Open image in new tab" and then copy the address from the web address bar at the top of the web page
2.jpg
12.jpg

Once you have copied the address of the photo, go to your post, and click the insert image Icon
11.jpg

Click the chain "Link" button to open the URL dialogue box
5.jpg

Paste the web address of the picture you wanted into the dialogue box, and click the "Insert" button.
4.jpg

Once the picture is displayed, and you are done writing your post, click the "Post reply" button in the lower right corner.
7a.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Great tutorial, Phil. Going to make it a sticky?

Let's not forget that you can upload to the B&B Gallery and use the Copy Image BB code to insert it that way.
Create an album (I use my user name) and store your pics in there for future use.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I've been copying and pasting my photos direct into the post and bypassing the insert function. Seems to works the same with less steps.

Last edited:
Posting photos from an iPad or iPhone

#1 Click on the photo icon
EA6C2BB6-F6E9-4C13-BBEF-14B1E2FB4D01.jpeg

#2 Click on “Drop image” and select photo library.
CC6F9A31-E671-48E3-9071-A579E44983FF.jpeg

#3 select image and click
9A8E2E75-7F20-4368-BAC4-1E5F2F54BB86.jpeg

#4 click on “Actual size” to choose size.
002E694D-DE0C-41CA-A1B1-16C5037CF6F7.jpeg

#5 click on preferred size
D111A728-2168-4AB2-A832-73B28B0DB592.png

#6 click “Use”
64E7D6DD-EFD8-4BCA-9818-B9C170F663EA.jpg

#7 click “Post Reply”
FE7C9414-C12A-4361-88AA-95A229EAE7F4.jpg

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Thanks all!
This thread is linked in the Sticky "B&B Tips and Tricks" at the top of the Feedback Forum.
These certainly aren't the only way, but it provides some guidance for those who may need some help!

Great tutorial, Phil. Going to make it a sticky?

Let's not forget that you can upload to the B&B Gallery and use the Copy Image BB code to insert it that way.
Create an album (I use my user name) and store your pics in there for future use.
I can't find the "Copy Image BB code" option when I select an image I've uploaded to the gallery.

Top Bottom