What's new

How to upload photos and have them show in your posts

Posting photos has come up a lot lately, so here is a quick primer.

First step> Upload your photos here

The uploaded photos will have two codes associated with it at the bottom left hand side of the page> use the bottom code.

proxy.php

>Copy and paste the provided text into your post where you would like it to appear.

Example>

(This page)

proxy.php

This image will look like the this with the **stars removed
full

You can access the Gallery from the More tab at the top of every page.

Feel free to post your testing here or to ask for help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also like to add that for anything to have lasting value here, uploading to this site - either gallery or attachments - is preferred to links. Far too often the resource at the end of those links is gone, resulting in seeing nothing.

One style that I've seen and like is uploading an overall picture and then external linking to detailed pics. The details can be missing, but you still get to see the item.

Just my opinion.

-jim

Good tutorial but has anyone tried this with an iPad?

So far, the only way I know to do it is upload to photo bucket and post the link.....

My guess is B&B would need a specific app

Just wondering

Ken

I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble finding my uploaded photo's. I've uploaded 4 photo's to here as Jim says in step one. after I click 'proceed' it takes me to here???

:001_huh:

I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble finding my uploaded photo's. I've uploaded 4 photo's to here as Jim says in step one. after I click 'proceed' it takes me to here???

After you go to the second link, click on the letter "S" (A-Z along the top of the page) then go to the page two where you will find your userid, Click on that and there are your pictures. Williams? :lol: :lol: :lol:

-jim

Find your name on the list and click on it- that will take you to your gallery- You may want to create a shortcut or make the page a favorite to easily access again.:thumbup1:

Edit> I see that Jim also answered this!

When viewing my gallery, I can't find a link to the post that the photo is displayed in. Is there such a thing?

...Ray

When viewing my gallery, I can't find a link to the post that the photo is displayed in. Is there such a thing?

...Ray

That would be difficult to do if I am understanding what you want. I can paste the URL to your pic into any post, there would be know way the gallery could be informed of that event.

What would be nice is if the image in the gallery was uniquely tagged such that you could search on it.

-jim

Top Bottom