What's new

How To Test if Your Tequila Has Artificial Substances in Five Seconds :-)

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
My...I didn’t know there was a test for Tequila, but we all know "Tequila Rocks!!!
proxy.php

By Emma Cranston - Vinepair - 24 May 2021

“You might expect that tequilas bearing the label “100 percent agave” are made with just that — agave and nothing else. But producers can actually add artificial substances to any of their expressions, from blanco to extra añejo, and if these substances make up any amount up to 1 percent, they can do so without even printing it on the bottle.

Unfortunately, it’s a practice that is all too common in the industry, with sweeteners, flavorings, and colorants regularly added to “improve” the agave distillate’s profile and cut corners during production.

Thankfully, there’s a quick-fire method to check whether the bottle you’ve bought to mix Margs or sip neat contains these artificial substances. Best of all, there’s no fancy equipment required and you’ll have an answer in the same time it takes to pour a few ounces, raise a glass, and say “¡Salud!”!
1621888341263.jpeg

Here’s how to test if your tequila has artificial substances in just five seconds

1621887653720.jpeg

Works Cited: How To Test if Your Tequila Has Artificial Substances in Five Seconds [Infographic] — VinePair - https://apple.news/Ae5m9a80hTzmVwJ2UxgSFfA

Tequila Shot Glasses.jpg
"Tequila probably won't fix all your problems...but its worth a shot". Anonymous

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I enjoy learning something new every day 🙂

I'm meeting some work colleagues tomorrow and it just so happens I will have an opportunity to put this examination to the test.

PS I approve of your B&B handle.
Trollky:
Thanx for the
Shout-out.jpg
, support and for sharing! :thumbsup:

Tequila Shot Glasses.jpg
“Tequila is like duct tape, it fixes nearly everything”. Anonymous

PS When you get a chance...tell us how the exam went (wink).

Corralejo reposado tests inconclusive

non-sticky hands
yet no discernible scent

fill level is just past the shoulder but it was opened at least 18 months ago

Top Bottom