What's new

How to make a travel vessel

Hey guys dunno whether someone did not post something like this before (if yes please ignore it): yesterday (while thinking how to transport my Kent brush as I will be leaving UK for holidays) I got an idea! Easy way how to create a 'transport vessel' for your brush is to use that hard-paper roll from toilet paper :biggrin: What do you think about it? I found it quite usefull as it also serves as great shaving-soap stand (while you shave so the excessive water can 'get' away). This is probably more suitable solution for students living out of home because at home I believe you have proper equipment. But this is quite cheap solution :biggrin:

Another cheap solution is to get your local pharmacist to give you a large plastic pill bottle and drill a hole in the lid - instant low-cost travel container!

The largest container should work for a variety of the smaller brushes.

One thing that works beautifully for me is the plastic travel case for an Oral B/Braun (if you have one) electric toothbrush (and like me you travel with a regular toothbrush). One the thin end I can put my AOS brush and the ribs hold the Mrekur HD right in place on thefat end).

I realize that this will help relatively few, but if you should have such a toothbrush, check it out.

btw what do you think: would it be ok to take my slant to my hand baggage (not loaded with razor)? or do I have to put it into normal luggage?

should not? you know them guys in airports .... I'll better put it in the luggage :confused:

Okay... will not be an issue. The ban is on the blades and that type of stuff. If there's no blade in it, then you can take it through.

The creams on the other hand...

Well, if they ask, you could show them there is no razor in it, but it would probably not be worth the trouble. Chances are though they wont even ask.

The worst think I've ever had trouble with at an airport is fencing equipment. If they ask what is in the bag, you'd better say "sporting equipment". Someone accidently said "fencing weapons" once. Man that was ugly.

I would put the blade in your checked luggage definately. I would Not carry it on, period. I think it's legal to carry an unloaded razor, but not worth the trouble. I think you will definately be hassled. Check it with your other bags only way to go. Why risk any pain the rear trouble, especially if you arent doing anything wrong?

Check it in, I had a hell of a time with my HD and fatboy when I tried to bring them (bladeless) through the X-Ray security check point. They held me back about 15 minutes as I disassembled them under their supervision. (I hate san diego airport security).

Well guys, I just recently flew round trip RDU to Newark and received no trouble on either ends of my trip, and I had my razor in my carry on luggage. The way there i had my Merker LH broken up and the blade in a case, but the way back it was all together. No issues on either side. Heck, the way to Newark I foolishly mentioned I had a few liquids(soap, toothpaste, shaving cream, mouthwash) and the bottles over 3.5oz were tossed, so I lost perfectly good soap and mouthwash. :cursing: Anyway, on the way out of Newark, I left all my liquids in my carry on with no trouble at security(instead of the normal carrying it seperately). So I guess YMMV.

guys thanks a lot about that posts about airport security ... will check it in ... Hmm Jim that travel 'vessel' looks great .... well I think I will start looking for something like that. :001_smile

official word, the following is not allowed: "Razor-Type Blades - such as box cutters, utility knives, razor blades not in a cartridge, but excluding safety razors."

So... safety razors are allowed, although personally, I'd still check the blades, carry on the razor. I like to bring enough carry on stuff where I can go a couple days without anything, and I like to be clean shaven :smile:

Does anyone know of where you might be able to buy similar pill bottles?

I've been trying to look for something to use a a travel container for months, but don't feel like getting a specific travel brush; it won't be used as much as my others, and would feel left out :tongue_sm

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom