What's new

How to keep Brush and Bowl warm between passes?

Hello, relatively new to this so please forgive what is probably a dumb question. I am learning to SR shave and my passes take a good amount of time. When it cones time to relather my face the brush, bowl, and lather has gone cold. I am unsure how to keep it warm without resoaking the brush which I am afraid would ruin my lather by adding too much water.

Is there a trick or piece of shaving equipment ai am missing?

Minimalist brush scuttle
DSCN0945.JPG

Hello, relatively new to this so please forgive what is probably a dumb question. I am learning to SR shave and my passes take a good amount of time. When it cones time to relather my face the brush, bowl, and lather has gone cold. I am unsure how to keep it warm without resoaking the brush which I am afraid would ruin my lather by adding too much water.

Is there a trick or piece of shaving equipment ai am missing?
I fill the sink with hot water when I shave and dip the tips very slightly into the water to warm the lather. It's easier than you think to get enough water to warm the lather without making it runny.

The best scuttle I have come across and use is this one in the video this is not me but the best straight shave ever made

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I ordered a Georgetown Pottery scuttle and can’t wait to try it.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I love my GP scuttle. It makes for nice warm lather during the fall/winter months. You made an excellent choice.

For those wondering about the bowls they call them Travel bowls. They are full size bowls, definitely not what I use for travel. I have Captain's Choice bowl for that. GP are wonderful! They can be treated like scuttles because they are super thick and heavy, hold the heat or cold so well. Great for quick bowl shaves or don't have the time to use their scuttle and hold a tremendous amount of lather. I have no affiliation with GP, just love the product. Pictures of the bowl and scuttle.
20191223_110347.jpg
20191220_184603.jpg

I use a G20 Georgetown Pottery scuttle. Best scuttle on the market, in my opinion. Best value as well, at least for the North American market.

Top Bottom