What's new

How to disinfect shaving brush?

I have used barbicide without any issues. 5 minute dunk and a good rinse. Oxyclean sounds like it would work although I never used it.

Hi everyone. I did it again. Only this time with my brush. Do you know how can I disinfect and clean it?

Did what?

Anyways, you can clean a brush the same way you clean anything - soap and warm water. You don't need to disinfect it - unless you're in a hermetically sealed clean room, it won't stay sterile for long.

I'm guessing your brush took a dunk in the bathroom "pool". Depending on the condition of the "pool" you can just use soap and water. If there were any "kids" in the pool, you might want to use something a little stronger.

Most people say Borax or Vinegar for cleaning/disinfecting including the article referenced above.
I use my Tide Laundry Detergent in an cleaned out old butter container, works fine.

Warm water and soap - don't over-think these things. (of course if its a Chubby 3 in Manchurian with butterscotch handle, it's probably unsalvageable, so I'll take it off your hands for the cost of postage and dispose of it correctly)

Last edited:
I'm guessing your brush took a dunk in the bathroom "pool". Depending on the condition of the "pool" you can just use soap and water. If there were any "kids" in the pool, you might want to use something a little stronger.

LOL... nice way to put it, got me to laugh

I wash my brush every few months with ordinary shampoo. Gently massage it into your brush, let it sit for a minute, and rinse.
If it is good enough for my hair, I guess it is good enough for my brush as well :wink2:

Seriously, it does seem to improve the quality of the bristles (boar brush). And it will remove any unwanted smells.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I give it the ole sniff test every so often, when it needs cleaning I give it the Palmolive/water treatment. Never thought to use the oxyclean, though I might try it, love that stuff.

Top Bottom