What's new

How to clean a Gillette Double Ring in a safe way

Acid will clean brass but won't polish it. It will be dull yellow or dull red, depending on the time of exposure.
While acid won't affect gold, it will eat away the brass beneath, so the gold will still be lost, except for heavy gold plating.
Thanks, yes, I'm wondering if this isn't so bad. I see a lot of razors with some gold plating and some tarnished brass peeking out. Seems like it wouldn't look as bad having dull yellow or dull red peeking out instead of green-gray or black.

Thanks, yes, I'm wondering if this isn't so bad. I see a lot of razors with some gold plating and some tarnished brass peeking out. Seems like it wouldn't look as bad having dull yellow or dull red peeking out instead of green-gray or black.
I think brass looks pretty good when it has developed a light patina. You can always polish it back up and start the process over. I have a brass Wolfman and once in a while I will polish it to make it brighter. Copper cap razors also look awesome when the copper mellows in color.

Top Bottom